• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Desolation comes upon the sky // Any

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

She would wonder, later, about him: in relation to his mother. Her first-born (or was it second? The twins always got messy), Noori, was made entirely of a magic that far surpassed Scorch's understanding. A spring goddess, her once red roan-freckled daughter had become almost a ghastly vision of bark and sprig, a beauty to some and a mother to many, but a stranger to her now. She couldn't remember the last time she say her eldest; it was before her death, nearly thirty years prior.

For now, however, her wondering is kept more simple: who goes there?

The stallion materializes with the air of one well-known to the wonts of tiredness. The fronds of his mane and his resemblance to a certain bay stallion to whom she owes her life strike her and revive her from her somber, listless reveries; but she cannot place him by name nor can she be sure of his linkeage to her family. He smells wild and, strangely, like Beqanna before the Reckoning: a smell she has not smelt since her rebirth, a smell that leaves her stomach in knots and her brows not much better.

Yet despite his smell, the red stallion is incomplete; as if somehow, a piece of him has run off in the night with no intention of returning.

"It's been that way for nearly forever," She offers without further explanation. If he did not recognize her now, then he certainly could not be of her blood; a haggard rat such as herself is not one that often escapes one's memories. Her molten red-yellow eyes gleam with the faint stragglings of a forgotten curiosity, their keenness begging to come out of hiding in order to discover the depths of this man's secrets. Stepping forward, the once-Khaleesi sent out small threads of light to illuminate their meeting, the gossamer particles winding in a circle around them.

"Do I know you?"

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Daemron] holy poop I love how you write him. Also sorry because I switched tenses a lot in this post and didn't have time to correct it Sad THANK YOU FOR RESPARKING MY SCORCH MUSE!!!
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Scorch - 06-20-2018, 04:07 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Scorch - 07-05-2018, 11:36 PM