• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Desolation comes upon the sky // Any

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

She'd not intended it, but as they flitted past the familiar stallion, her threads of light landed on a creature far different from either of them. The red wolf sat undisturbed by this intrusion, ears perked and eyes glowing, suggestive of an intelligence that ought not belong to such simple creatures. But truthfully, in Beqanna, creatures could never be trusted to be as simple as they ought to be; her mind traced back years, remembering the time when the Forsaken Valley had had a pack of guard wolves constantly patrolling their borders. And of course, this made her think of the Jungle with its raucous group of ever-watchful birds; but such times had long passed, and so, her mind returned to the present.

I'm Daemron. Ah, she thought to herself, eyes meandering over the willow fronds that her listless companion sports. Of course. And this is Tai. For a moment, the ancient woman considers the pair in silence. It's not every day that you meet your eldest grandson, after all. In those moments, her threads of light slowly dissolve, eventually leaving them in a contemplative darkness.

"Daemron..." His name feels alien on her lips. She studies him further again, drawing similarities between him and the one of his triplets that she'd had quite an in depth relationship with, what with him bringing her back from the dead and all... Mom, stop being so damn reflective and get on with it! It's Ea from the afterlife, or maybe Rain, or quite possibly both; but she frowns a little at their intrusion, feeling a little embarrassed after having her bullshit called out by her two deceased daughters.

"I'm sorry, please excuse my silence... It's just that I happen to be quite involved with your family." Involved? She started the whole damn thing from the ground up. Taking a step forward, her eyes shift from their typical red-yellow, to an emerald green that ought to remind him eerily of his mother, Noori. "It's been some time since you've been around, Daemron... Tell me, what kept you away?"

Our family is scattered, says a familiar voice; Echion, her own mother, or faux-mother at least. Thank you for bringing them back together, piece by piece.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Scorch - 06-20-2018, 04:07 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Scorch - 08-07-2018, 07:25 PM