• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  she got gold doorknobs / wolfbane

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Watching her dance from laughter to disbelief is almost as amusing as the notion of him being King. Wolfbane remains steady, casually so, while Wishbone flips through her many faces of surprise and his smile grows each time she spits out a shocked response or sharp curse. Now he actually wishes she’d been able to come to his petty, rather quiet crowning. At least she could’ve enjoyed it along with him.

All the same, his smile stays languid, warm like a lowering sunset as she eases closer. Every time she does this - presses herself close and hot - he wonders where she’s learned it from. Where womanhood had suddenly blossomed when once it’d been innocence. He wonders if he’s ready enough yet for the fire she stokes inside of him ... he wants a blaze to match her own, but - “Or maybe you’ve just been so focused on your own potential,” He laughs gently to her barb, pulling away from the silk and satin of her touch, “that you hadn’t seen my own.”

The smile falters, but he could never be upset with her. Not Wishbone.

“And we don’t have to be enemies. Not anymore.” The pegasus follows quickly, reaching across the divide he’s made to press an apologetic kiss against her neck before moving ahead with his intended journey. He leads on, hoping to erase the earlier sting by saying, “I’m trimming my ranks down to a total of five; we’re for hire. The land itself is our … base of operations, I guess.” Bane shrugs, pleased to have found a way around the stigma of usual politics and militia.

He wonders what she’ll think - Nerine has every reason to view Loess as a potential contract - but more so what she’ll think about himself at the helm of a such an operation. Sometimes the Tephra native still finds it hard to picture her as she is: Khaleesi of the Leviathans, young queen of a powerful Kingdom.

His childhood friend, grown into a mare he can hardly bear to look at because she’s become something so impossibly beautiful and wild.

“You can love me however you’d like.” The striped stallion begins to tease, not forgetting her earlier slip, “I can certainly work out a discount for someone of your … stature.” Her guide quips, the devil himself flickering behind his olive-toned gaze.

WOLFBANE

@[Wishbone]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    she got gold doorknobs / wolfbane - by Wishbone - 06-22-2018, 07:56 PM
    RE: she got gold doorknobs / wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 07-13-2018, 12:13 PM