• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't wanna remember what I'm here to forget [Wolfbane]

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Sometimes, a flight intended to be quick turns into an afternoon excursion and Wolfbane wonders why he ever said yes to Arthas’ request ot become heir. Not like the old gray dog couldn’t shake a few more children loose from the pouch if he tried - every time he seemed to catch up with his continuing mentor, some mare or other was close at hand. The promise of a vagabond lifestyle had been heavy cream to his tongue whenever duty pressed him towards Nerine or the common lands and he reasons he could’ve easily become a brother of Ischia and left this job to other birds more suited for pecking and shitting downhill, if he’d only said, “Not for me, no thanks.”

But here he is, King of all Loess in his gold-and-blue striped glory, trotting amiably around the twists of paths until the breathy sound of someone talking stops him cold. Furrowing a satiny, gleaming brow and driven by rampant curiosity he finds his barred legs taking him up and over an unleveled rise of pitted earth, lush and green on the surface despite it being mid-august. A stranger waits below, giving him a surprising feeling of Déjà vu and prompting him to call out with a heavy, thick voice, “Should I know who you are?”

Any other guard might’ve been a hair more serious. Wolfbane, however, wears nothing but a sly, witty grin as he winds down to meet her face-to-face. The appaloosa can’t even assume that he might be angry at her because he’s just so lackluster and sarcastic, easing to a halt on even footing as though he’s unperturbed by her presence and, truly, he is. The brine of iron and salt on her skin is unmistakable; Nerinian and therefore clear to come and go as she pleased.

Didn’t mean he couldn’t yank a chain.

WOLFBANE

@[Breckin] pssshhh it's fine, get out of here Smile
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't wanna remember what I'm here to forget [Wolfbane] - by Wolfbane - 06-26-2018, 05:53 PM