• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't wanna remember what I'm here to forget [Wolfbane]
    A previous version of Breckin would have stiffened, balked even, at the warm gesture he offered, but this was not the same mare of a year passed.  The slightest of urges to remain dormant with the relative stranger tries to grapple for her faculties, but it is easily carried off in the shifting winds of her evolving demeanor.  It was releasing really, this new outlook upon life.  Her involvement in the Tournament had been a catalyst of sorts, along with that last rendezvous with Leilan...there's a momentarily lapse in her thinking, and the deepness of her eyes seem to turn a shade darker.  Though she stubbornly refuses to lose the grasp of the cheeky grin she wears in the present moment.  This would not be the time and place for those thoughts afterall.

She reciprocates with a step nearer to him and the extension of her own maw, sharing in the the warmed air exchanged between their breaths.

"Wolfbane," she tastes the sound of his name upon her charcoal lips, mirroring the retraction of his own evening sky hued nose.  She'd briefly heard of the agreement between the two lands, but her knowledge was deficient in the details.  "I'm glad to finally have a face to put to the name, though I must admit, you're not what I expected."  As severe as her words might be perceived by another, she was quite sure that her present company would easily notice the obvious contrast in the tone of her voice to the smile that met with her eyes.  Honestly though, he was much more intrigueing than she had imagined Loess's current leader to be.

"I didn't know such a thing existed as the thermal springs," she replies, glancing beyond him as he moves to shift out of her way.  "I've never been to Loess before and I was..." her voices fades, searching for the most accurate word without giving her true motives away. Shifting back to lock upon his gaze, she defaults to the simplest explanation at the root of most of her decisions, "Curious."

A pale ear flickers lacksadaisically at his last statement.  "Perhaps that is why you seem vaguely familiar.  Maybe I've seen you from afar, or maybe we've met in a different life," she muses aloud, but mostly to herself.   She hadn't entirely forgotten the twinge of some kind of revival in her gut when she'd first seen him.  Perhaps he had felt it too, the way he had first announced his presence and all. With a swift shrug of her shoulder she diffuses the philosophical idea before it threatens to devour her thoughts.  A girl could get lost within such fanciful ramblings.

"Forgive me," she says apologetically, "I've already lied to you."  Pausing momentarily, she rethinks her statement.  "Actually, it was a half truth.  I'm not only here for curiosity's sake.  I'm also running away.  From myself."  The cool attitude she'd expertly possessed quickly dissipates into a cringe-worthy grimace at the sound of her own admission.  Was she still talking to him or herself now?  Or both?  Not entirely sure why she felt so at ease with him, her features contort into mild confusion, "I have no idea why I told you that."

By some grace of the Gods her slipping composure regains itself in the form of a witty smile, "I suppose what I'm trying to say, is that I'm not here for the thermal springs or a diplomatic visit." Her tone inches further beyond the edge of modesty, "I'm here for something more along the premise of research."

@[Wolfbane] wine might have been involved in the making of this post.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't wanna remember what I'm here to forget [Wolfbane] - by Breckin - 07-17-2018, 04:11 PM