• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

don't wanna remember what I'm here to forget [Wolfbane]
    Following his guidance closely, it was nearly like a reopening of her eyes; eagerly they roved the gentle swells and dips of Loess, taking in as much as possible while still politely paying attention to his responses.  Every scrub, tree, boulder they passed, she desparately tried to quickly study it.  It was utterly fascinating to her, how relatively small Beqanna seemed to be, but how every terrain held remarkably different landscapes and flora.  It was breathtaking and brilliant, and now that she'd found good company and a better attitude, the stark beauty of Loess had finally been revealed to her.

A brow inclines gently when he remarks about his truth divulging abilities, followed quickly by a surprised snort and genuine laughter.  As the humor fades upon her lips, she realizes how nice of a feeling it was to openly laugh.  Lately it seemed as though she could easily evoke some type of humor from others, but the sound of her own laughter in her ears seems foreign and rusty from disuse;  it had been quite some time since someone had made her laugh so freely.  Smiling was a warm and friendly gesture, but being able to share in easy laughter was held a different appreciation in the mind of the leopard mare, and instantly Breckin finds herself developing a certain fondness of her brightly contrasting guide.

"Here I had thought that you might have just been easy to talk to.  So thank you for enlightening me."  After a few steps further and a sideways glance she adds, "And since I'm doomed to get the truth pulled from lips eventually while in your presence, I might as well not waste time denying how suave and handsome you are."  

When the air feels as though its shifting towards a rising temperature, her eyes train ahead of them with the promise of a captivating smile threatening to emerge, "I'm so glad to hear you're so willing to help.  Hopefully my beautiful charm is working equally as well as your trait and you're speaking the truth.  I'm not sure I'm in a state of mind to refuse such a generous offer if it is sincerely being given."  Sparing a quick glance towards Wolfbane, the brewing smile finally emerged.  Charming and beautiful were the least likely words she'd use to describe herself really, preferring instead perhaps quirky and tolerable above anything else, but at the time the former words seem to fit the bill better.  

A haze was becoming visible to her then, beginning to blur the edges of the flora that were resilient enough to grow close to the springs.  Inadvertantly, she steps closer to his side, regarding the springs with mild caution; she had never seen anything like them before, and was not entirely sure what their purpose was.  Searching for his gaze amidst the land cloud, she finds it and widens her mischievious grin, "The first thing to do before testing, is to isolate a problem, and seeing as I'm obviously perfect and have none, perhaps my suave and handsome subject has a problem I could help with?"  He would know she was lying of course, she'd already admitted as much that she had problems.  But the reality was, she'd already begun collecting data for her own personal research when they'd first crossed paths--and she has been the lab rat all along.

@[Wolfbane] I wish I had some mac n cheese now

Messages In This Thread
    RE: don't wanna remember what I'm here to forget [Wolfbane] - by Breckin - 07-26-2018, 05:58 PM