• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign - Kylin
    It is not often that the kelpie reminices about his childhood, but it seems inevitable here. The red gold brnaches that arch overhead are the same branches that he had played under as a child; these trails they walk are the same ones he had raced down as a colt. Though the years have passed, and numerous kings and queens have ruled this land in the time since, it somehow feels as though nothing has changed.

As they walk, Kylin asks who had taught him to swim. Ivar's gaze flicks to her for a moment before looking back out at the woods around them (ever alert, ever on guard).

"Mostly my father," he tells her after a moment. "He was a kelpie, like me. My mother was a shifter too, and she often swam with me as well." Never the three of them together though; Ivar doesn't add that. Stillwater and Djinni did not swim, not unless it was to fight (and inevitably, to procreate). His mother had known the typeof creature his father was in a way that Kylin does not fully understand.

Ivar does not mind this, of course. The lavender mare is far easier to control without knowing everything.

As the midafternoon sun begins to filter through the leaves overhead, they reach the pond. It is deceptively small, and shaped like a crescent moon. At one end, one of Sylva's many boulders creates the point of the crescent, and it is that boulder that Ivar steps up onto. His hooves click across the stone - louder than when he was a foal, but the sound is still the same - as he moves to stand at the very edge.

He glances back over at Kylin in invitation, and then dives in. From a standstill to a forefeet-first dive, the move might have been deadly if Ivar did not know what lurked beneath the surface. Rather than a muddy, debris covered bottom, the pond water stretches down along the several meters deep boulder. The kelpie's finned tail propels him past the entrance of the shallow cave, and it occurs to him that the seclusion of it and the small pocket of air it holds might be an idea hiding place - or a cell.

The piebald stallion surfaces with a small splash, turning back to where he suspects Kylin still stands on the shore.

"C'mon in." He tells her, flicking one fin forward to playfully toss water in her general direction. The water is chilly this late in the winter, but not yet frozen,

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign - Kylin - by Ivar - 07-11-2018, 06:54 AM