• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Call out my name when I kiss you so gently.

IT ALL ADDS UP TO THIS: THE HOLLOW CHEST, THE BRUISED NECK, THE SHAKING HANDS.
    YOUR BODY, THE TRIUMVIRATE OF UNHOLY THINGS

The sun burns orange through the autumn leaves. Dawn finds him squinting into the horizon, his mane a tangled mess of ink black over a broad gray neck. He runs his tongue over pointed teeth and sighs as he rises from the ground. Vulgaris never remembers his dreams but he knows they leave him nervous and thinking in crimson. Oh well, he’s not one to dwell on the storm of emotions circling his mind. Instead, he elects to drift back toward the common lands and find a way to kill more time. More than once he’s thought of joining some group or another but he never quite gets around to it.

His eyes are the color of dust-covered emeralds and they scour the faces around him for one that stands out or just barely fails to blend in – something, anything to put this boredom on pause for a while. Pond has been off doing who knows what and he doesn’t feel the need to drag her back just yet. She needs to be guided without being smothered, he knows. (Or maybe he doesn’t want to feel smothered.) Still, he doesn’t want another plaything to occupy too much of his time so something temporary would suit him fine right now.

Too bad everyone’s pregnant.

Vulgaris wanders forward and realizes too late that he’s in the field, where everyone goes to get recruited. A frown twitches across his lips. It’s not too late to turn and slink back into the forests but a thought occurs to him. A kingdom would certainly keep him busy without requiring him to dedicate time to any one person. He could work with that. Probably. Maybe. The scaled boy shrugs his strong shoulders and continues forward into the field. At the very least, he could hang around and socialize for a while.
    VULGARIS
    THERE WAS NOTHING MORE DIVINE THAN HAVING SINNED WITH YOU.

Any kingdom would suit him, really, so feel free to toss whomever at him. <3

Messages In This Thread
    Call out my name when I kiss you so gently. - by vulgaris - 06-27-2018, 11:36 PM