• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from the midnight sun - wolfbane, any

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

Above them all he drifts, a yellow-gold pegasus with stripes and splashes of errant blue, both white wings spread out alongside him to coast over perfect drafts of air. There was no better place for a winged horse than Loess, he thinks. Red spires are the only thing stretching up towards the heavens, here and there along the border mountains impede the view, but the expanse of rolling land opens wide skies above for those who can harness them.

Out here, Wolfbane can breath in the crisp night air and shed his colors for invisibility. Once a speck of shadow against the brief smattering of clouds, now he becomes nothing - an optical illusion of sorts.

Everything seems quiet enough, until a strange cry pulls him off course to backtread West again. Careening around, Bane dips one wing earthward and the other towards the heavens to make a wide u-turn, levelling out to zip ahead with silent, unseen speed. Hooves that had once touched land now gallop over moonlit breezes, bringing him to where Dayé has frozen poolside, eyeing down a very unfamiliar-looking stallion.

Across the pool from where she stands, Wolfbane touches down in a gust of wind and clatter of hooves, having shed his cloak of secrecy long before the descent. The downy white appendages, stroked every so often by the smatter of pale light from above, curl inward toward his belly and he snorts, shaking an equally white, upright mane with a half-amused smile to match. For the briefest of moments, his eyes flicker towards his half-sister, the wolf disguised in sheep’s clothing.

“I consider myself a patient guy.” Bane shrugs, turning his gaze again to the submerged brute between them. “So I’ll give you about a minute of my time to convince me you’re harmless.”

WOLFBANE

@[Chemdog] @[Dayé]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from the midnight sun - wolfbane, any - by Wolfbane - 06-30-2018, 02:44 PM