• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

from the midnight sun - wolfbane, any

The warm water cleanses him in more ways than one.

Before he submerges beneath the surface the sounds of rodent death-screeching can be heard, it alerts him but honestly he was rather too tired to give a shit who was hunting about. He was almost sure this particular predator was probably occupied enough for now, anyway, and hopefully he was too big to be a convenient pick for snack times. He hears the fun, delicious crunch of bone – whatever it was it was a rather loud eater – or just pretty close. If the horse body could shrug, he would have. When the ripples close overtop it seals his flattened ears for a few drawn out seconds. He waits under the surface until he’s desperate for breath, bubbles leading the way upward. He makes his slow ascent to the open, biting air. His hearing is unclogged by water just in time to hear the mare’s approaching footfall and his teal eyes find her blue iridescence in the moonlight. She smells of canine, blood and meat. It’s not hard to decipher that she’s the wolf, the wolf is she; she is a shifter. His eyes blink simultaneously with a spreading grin, rising to stand all the way with the water resting calmly chest deep and steaming on and around his speckled black fur.

A whirl of cold wind and drifting white feathers joins the clatter of hoof to pebbles and solid wet stone. The approaches lack of subtly lets him no real reaction time but still he’s able to spin his head calmly, knowing he’d certainly find a pegasus behind him. Well I am trespassing..

Chem chuckles a little, delighted at the well-formed ice breaker fit for a trespasser. “Well I do hope I am not harmless.” He mocks a scoff, turning to half face the stallion but not turn his back to the wolf-girl. “But in this particular instance, no, I do not mean any harm.” He glances behind him and then back to the stallion, “I’m only trespassing.” His grin widens, knowing he’s probably walking a fine line of ‘get the fuck out of here’ or ‘are you useful?’. “I’m Chemdog. And I can be of use, I like this pool.

Tradesies, maybe?

chemdog
    astra inclinant, sed non obligant.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: from the midnight sun - wolfbane, any - by Chemdog - 08-02-2018, 09:33 AM