• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    The Transformation: Chapter 3
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lora|Nothing+You+Could+Do" rel="stylesheet"> <style type="text/css">.jesperlayer1{position:relative;z-index:0;background:url('http://i63.tinypic.com/30tko01.jpg');width:540px;padding-top:20px;padding-bottom:20px;border:4px solid #000000;border-radius:50px 50px 250px 250px;}.jesperlayer1:hover .jesperimage{-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:grayscale(0%);}.jesperlayer1:hover .jespername{-webkit-filter:grayscale(0%);filter:grayscale(0%);}.jesperlayer2{position:relative;z-index:1;background-color:#000000;border:5px solid #333333;width:500px;border-radius:50px 50px 250px 250px;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px 5px #000000;} .jesperimage{position:relative;z-index:2;background:url('http://i64.tinypic.com/2q060r5.jpg') no-repeat;transition:filter .5s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);height:338px;border-radius:50px 50px 0px 0px;}.jespergradient{position:relative;z-index:3;width:500px;top:-50px;margin-bottom:-50px;height:50px;background:-ms-linear-gradient(top, rgba(125,185,232,0) 0%, rgba(0,0,0,1) 100%);background:-webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(125,185,232,0) 0%,rgba(0,0,0,1) 100%);background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(125,185,232,0) 0%,rgba(0,0,0,1) 100%);}.jespertextbox{position:relative;z-index:4;width:450px;text-align:justify;color:#999999;font:14px 'Times',serif;border:0px solid #000000;border-radius:0px 0px 250px 250px;margin-bottom:25px;margin-top:25px;}.jespername{position:relative;z-index:5;color:#b2f6ff;font:80px 'Nothing You Could Do', cursive;padding:0px;transition:filter .5s ease-in-out;-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);filter: grayscale(100%);}.jesperlineage{position:relative;z-index:5;color:#666666;text-shadow:0px 0px 5px #3f808c;font:15px 'Lora', serif;bottom:25px;}.jesperpaw{position:relative;z-index:6;background:url('http://i63.tinypic.com/2gt5aok.png');width:100px;height:105px;margin-bottom:25px;}</style><center><div class="jesperlayer1"><div class="jesperlayer2"><div class="jesperimage"></div><div class="jespergradient"></div><div class="jespertextbox">Of course, Jesper could not tell how many days had passed since he woke up in the stark white, padded box. The ebony equine could, however, distinguish a pattern. The pattern began with the abrupt surge of artificial light from above. There was no gentle transition between absolute darkness to blinding light so, Jesper would instinctively close his eyes to shield them from the harsh brightness. For all intensive purposes, he equated the time between when the lights turned on until they turned off to sunrise until sunset. With the same manner of thinking, he considered the darkness inbetween to be one night. Shortly after his room floods with light, a portal appears in one of the walls. A rubber dish, filled with sweet, starchy pellets, pushes through the hole to join a matching trough containing water. At first, Jesper refused to try the offered meal. Then, something reminded him that he could not just waste away in here. He had to stay strong- both mentally and physically. And so, he extended his tongue to tentatively take an experimental lick of the pellets. He found the pellets as sweet as they smelled and, before he could stop himself, he was grinding mouthful after mouthful into a soft pulp. He swallowed each one and repeated until the pan was empty. He emptied the pan each time it slid into his space - three times while the lights were on.<br><br>He would drink the water also. In between meals, he would force himself to move about the room. He would purposefully march about to maintain his muscle tone. After all, he had all of this extra energy from his new diet. Why not put it to good use? The last notable aspect of his "day" involved his box seemingly coming to life. It would change shape and, a barrier would appear that cut the room in half - across the diagonal. He could hear the muted voices of the humans from the other side, the scraping of excrement from the vinyl floor and, the rush of water to rinse away his urine. When the barrier receded, Jesper would be alone again and, his white square returned to its previous size minus his excretions. As suddenly as they lit up the space, the lights would turn off. The darkness brought about a similarly unnatural silence. Despite the lack of distractions during the night, the soldier in him could not shake the feeling that he was in more danger now versus when the lights are on. He allows himself to close his eyes briefly though, he never quite falls asleep.<br><br><center>-----</center><br><br>We kept our perfect specimen under observation for a week. He seemed to be tolerating captivity well enough; adjusting to the routine, the sounds and, the differences without exhibiting signs of stress. Dr. Abernathy interpreted the output of the sensors we put in place on Day One. They reported normal respiration rates, heart rate and rhythm, blood pressure and temperature. He literally took everything in stride. Ashley and Stephanie took his care: making sure he had clean water, fresh meals and, a clean stall. They also kept a log of their observations of his behavior. I, myself, am beside myself. I could not believe that everything was going as smoothly as it was. Dr. Gates and I could not wait to move into the next phase. Though, we had to make sure we had reference ranges. We had to study our stallion's normal vitals in order to fully understand the effects our concoction would have on him. With seven days of consistently unremarkable data, we were ready.<br><br>Dr. Gates confirmed that the virus was ready to go. This next phase had not gone well for us in the past. We had other specimens - laboratory rodents and feral cats mostly. Once we had injected the virus, each one succumbed to its side effects within hours. Every specimen thus far had keeled over as a result of a boiling fever. We had no time to study the course of the virus before it took full effect. By that time, it was too late to administer the anecdote. Of course, that very well may be how the virus works, no matter the species. But, we had worked so hard to develop the cure! We could not give up. Not yet.<br><br>The lights had gone out just like every other night since Jesper was brought here. The ebony equine found himself settling into a light slumber. He could not see or hear the approach of the drone. With its night vision, the mechanically winged object approached its target and, fired its sedative-laced dart. The  needle lodged into his neck and released its contents. Within moments, the stallion had fallen into a considerably deeper state of mind and, was now laying on his right side. A hatch door slid back and, a two-legged stepped into the room, a syringe in hand. Fingertips stroke his sleek shoulder before pinching his skin away from the muscles of his forearm. The needle pierces into the subcutaneous layer and, with a single depression of the plunger, the virus is injected into his chassis. The two-legged leaves through the same door she entered and, the hatch closes securely behind her.<br><br>The sedative administered must have been a smaller dose or, a different combination this time. Or, perhaps the second injection countered the effects of the first. Either way, Jesper finds himself rolling onto his underside and, blinking away the grogginess in seconds. The black steed found himself far more alert than the first time. His white box is still pitch black; however, he can make out the edges of the space with a greenish white filter. Long-lashed eyelids blink a time or, two to verify this newfound vision is real. His tufted lobes flick as they capture each wave of electrical current running through the walls. Even with the lights off, he could hear the pulses of energy, waiting to be called upon. In addition, Jesper found the odor of the room to be obnoxious now. What seemed odorless before now reeked of chemicals and, artificial materials. It was like each of his senses had been strengthened tenfold. The equine shakes his poll before extending his front limbs and hauling himself to all fours. He adjusts his balance and focus in a second before he feels and hears the increase in his heartbeat. From the flesh just above his left knee, Jesper feels the burning heat. It scalds enough that he lifts his left fore and, attempts to hop away from the sensation. The burning creeps first into his carpus and then, moves towards his shoulder. Gingerly, the steed replaces his weight back onto the limb.<br><br>He winces as the temperature seeps into his scapula joint and, an ache begins to settle in. His bronze-tipped lobes pin to his poll as the irritation spreads. He bares his teeth and swings about to nip at the injection site; at his own leg. All of a sudden, a restlessness develops that urges the equine to get moving. Utilizing his new found night vision, Jesper steps forward and begins to move about the room. He had no clue what else these humans had in store for him but, he wants to get out of here - anywhere but here. He takes several steps before the padded floor seems to give way just in front of him. The stallion halts, snorts and then, starts to back up. He continues until his rump presses against the nearest wall. He can hear his heartbeat loud and fast now. He takes several shallower breaths as his reality grows more terrifying. He throws his head up and back in panic as the floor continues to appear to crumble all around him. He watches,  aquamarine eyes wide in horror, as the amount of solid ground diminishes and then, it is gone. He is floating on air and, it is like there is no gravity. The joints of his left forelimb no longer ache and, Jesper finds himself relaxing. Too tired to process anything more, he decides to lay down again, right here and, close his eyes.<br><br><center>-----</center><br><br>I could not help myself. As i approached our specimen, sedate and unaware, I felt the need to touch him. I myself wanted to give the injection just so I could get close to this magnificent animal. I get in and, get out. When I rejoin my team, I offer a smile tense with anxiety. I could not predict how he would respond. This phase of the experiment was our greatest unknown. We all stand by and watch in heavy anticipation as the Lyssa virus takes effect. The sensors pick up our specimen's increase in heart rate and respiration rate. We all hold our breath, waiting for the worst. Dr. Abernathy is glued to the monitors while Ashley jots the numbers down as fast as she can. His vitals plateau, though remain high, as he scurries backwards. We watch as he acts as though something had materialized out of thin air and, began to chase him. We watch as he retreats as far back as the stall will allow. Stephanie and, several others, are documenting our observations: restless and hallucinating. And then, all of a sudden, his blood pressure lowers and, his respiration rate returns to normal. We collectively exhale a sigh of relief at this dramatic turn of events. Soon, he lowers himself back to the floor and resumes his nap. I begin to think, <i>Maybe, just maybe, our specimen will be able to withstand the dangerous neurologic symptoms and, allow us to prove our anecdote works.</i></div><div class="jespername">jesper</div><div class="jesperlineage">carnage x bethanie</div><div class="jesperpaw"></div></div></div><font size="2">devin's∇designs</font></center>

Messages In This Thread
    The Transformation: Chapter 3 - by Neo - 07-01-2018, 08:18 PM
    RE: The Transformation: Chapter 3 - by Virgo - 07-08-2018, 11:54 PM
    RE: The Transformation: Chapter 3 - by Casia - 07-10-2018, 10:52 PM
    RE: The Transformation: Chapter 3 - by Sabra - 07-12-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: The Transformation: Chapter 3 - by Jesper - 07-14-2018, 07:42 AM