• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

(ALL IN) Updates - Birthday Traits, User Groups, Equus Traits
    So then I'm seeing:

Equus traits- definition is 50/50, horse and other non-mythical animal, 2-space

Non- mythical Animal-shifters- Can shift whole or parts, 2-space

Non-mythical Mimicry- has three characteristics of said animal - 1 space

Maybe none have to be 3-space cuz what do they really have for powers? Wings? Fangs? Horns? Scales?  I think I played my dolphin shifter with echolocation, bat with infared vision, jellyfish with tentacles that could sting... So it's not like any of the non-mythical animal shifters have any substantial abilities either.  And the Equus animals are just mutants without significant powers... I could see Equus Ferrum as being 3-space still cuz they can control iron of the earth and that's more of an ability than looks.  

To me I just don't think you can lump animal shifters into the 3 space category when really they are practically the same as Equus animals just not stuck that way.  Then you'd have to change mythical animal shifters to a 4-space technically.

I think the true question was how to make the Equus traits into enough to be qualified as the 3-space trait and maybe thats adding more abilities into the description but that's hard with non-mythical type animals.  Like how to you justify a half mammoth/half horse being 3-spaces? Tusks, extreme strength, impenetrable hide, supernatural hearing... Where it kind of takes on a mythical edge??  Or just decide to cut the spacing?

I understand where your coming from Kristin in not wanting names/descriptions to change cuz it's in the history of BQ and your lines... I'd be sad to see Equus Ferrum go from K lines, but I also think moving natural animal shifters to 3-space would screw with a lot of spacing trait wise cuz A LOT of horses have them and it's a popular birthday trait choice Smile plus I really don't see 3-spaces worth of traits in non-mythical shifters.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Updates - Birthday Traits, User Groups, Equus Traits - by Neo - 07-07-2018, 10:30 PM