• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We are searching - any

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    She shakes her head no at my offer, perhaps asserting some reasons within herself as to why she ought not forget her death. I empathize with her too, silently. When Ivar had offered to take away the pain of my suicide-attempt and the guilt-borne night terrors which accompanied that incident, I'd also declined; too useful is the pain, and too cowardly is it to succumb to that which is not true or real. Impressive, that a child should hold herself to those same standards; but then again, I'd never expect less of little Tähti.

She asks about milk next, stating the facts as matter of factly as if she weren't a reincarnating goddess of sorts. I bite the inside of my cheeks, trying to hide the fact of how incredibly uncomfortable and strange this situation actually is, but in the next moment, I get myself back in control and analyze our options. Glancing east, I try to draw up the distance from here to the adoption den or playground in my mind: and it is a far, far distance. The little girl has traveled far longer than she ought to have already, and though it would be ridiculous to take her to the faeries that reside in those places reliably, I also cannot take her to her mother.

But I've taken care of other orphaned and hungry children before, and so I return my mouth to the top of her skull and gently press the urge to sleep upon her.

"I can feed you for now, as long as you trust me. Close your eyes; you've been walking a long time, and now it is time to rest. I'll be here when you awaken. I promise."

And so, as the little star flutters her eyes and eventually closes them, I give her dreams of warm milk and a full stomach. When she awakens, so it shall be; and for the next day's time, she shall not hunger. It will be enough to get her to Ilma, and from there, into the hands which can properly care for her.

@[Tähti]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    We are searching - any - by Tähti - 07-02-2018, 02:23 PM
    RE: We are searching - any - by Kagerus - 07-04-2018, 10:33 PM
    RE: We are searching - any - by Tähti - 07-06-2018, 04:46 AM
    RE: We are searching - any - by Kagerus - 07-18-2018, 07:37 PM
    RE: We are searching - any - by Tähti - 07-21-2018, 08:38 AM
    RE: We are searching - any - by Kagerus - 08-03-2018, 07:32 PM