• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everything will glow for you, romulus.
    Jenova could never become telepathic. She’s too soft-hearted and she’d fling herself readily to every housefire heart for the chance to help someone. But instead she is only a relatively normal girl and she must search for opportunities to meddle in rather than having them drop into her lap. She tilts her head curiously when he explains that he is blind. He can’t see? The idea of never knowing the meadow in summer or the forests in winter makes her heart ache, just a little. She decides not to dwell on such things but rather move on to something that won’t make each of them upset.

Romulus..

She repeats his name slow as she samples each syllable, careful to remember it perfectly. His name sounds regal and worthy of someone great, she thinks. Her own name has lost its charm on her after repeating it and hearing it spoken so many thousands of times, but years ago she thought it was equally nice.

You’re very tall, Romulus. I feel so small next to you. See?” she says as she moves to press her side against his. His shoulder towers over her and she laughs at the way she has to crane her neck to look up at him now. Her wings are huddled tight to her sides and she decides it’s pleasant here curled against him. Jenova remains tucked there like a needy housecat basking in his warmth. “You seem very mysterious, you know. Like there’s more to you than I can tell by looking at you.

She watches him for some response. Jenova is content to let the statement hang in the air just as she would be if he regaled some elaborate lie to protect his secrets. Either way, she doesn’t pry further.

JENOVA
    And in my dreams you're alive and you're crying,
    As your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet.
    @[Romulus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everything will glow for you, romulus. - by Jenova - 07-16-2018, 05:18 PM