• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everything will glow for you, romulus.
    Death is peaceful, Life is harder.

The shift between them is palpable as realization shows in the creases of her face. Her eyes search his face and her thoughts jumble together to induce confusion. A spike of pain erupted behind the vacancy of his eyes and he withdrew from her, the torrent of her many questions giving birth to a migraine. He forced a smile in an attempt to calm her worry. Pulsating red fingers of sharp pain beat to the rythem of his heart as it slowly subsided and he snorted in contempt of it.

He knew all too well his misstep. It was not like him to force his conciousness upon another. It was easier if they remained unaware of his presense for fear of them misunderstanding his advantages. In a move so unlike him he had lowered his walls and allowed her a glimpse into all that added to his mystery. Slipping into the mind of another he watched Jenova as she voiced her questions. His expression changed to one more serious than before as he contemplated whether to lie or be truthful.

"Yes, I am telepathic," he decided all at once with a slight tilt of his emblazoned black head. "It is how I am able to see the world around me. Without it, I would not be able to move as freely as I do. I did not mean to cause offense."

From a distance he is barely able to perceive the change in her body language. Her brows crunch together and nervous laughter spreads between them. A part of him expects her to turn away from him and flee, instead she continues. A rare creature indeed. There were many he had met that found his gift to be repulsive and invasive. He could not argue with such logic but he had to do what he had to do to ensure his survival. He would not apologize for it. Only someone who shared such a talent could understand to weight of it.

"I did not mean to frighten you," he reiterated. "I normally do not make it a habit of mine to 'poke around', as you say."

Her laugh comes more genuine this time, all signs of her previous nervousness melted away. From faraway he saw their coupling and a smile reemerged upon the solemnity of his previous expression. He stood well above her, even with her wings, she appeared minuscule next to him. Next to him her Jody shifts as she leans into him once more, her body warm against his jet black. He did not understand the feminine mind.
    Romulus
    © vanilla

@[Jenova]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: everything will glow for you, romulus. - by Romulus - 08-08-2018, 10:52 AM