• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hold me in this wild, wild world: ALL + activity check

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    His little self-appointed mission to Loess has disappeared with the announcement of Wolfbane being Arthas' heir - truly, Leilan didn't actually dislike Arthas, but this must be one of the better things he'd done in his life. Aside from, you know, not recruiting enough Loessians to actually keep an eye on him so that he could escape, and possibly, from no torturing him and whatnot. But there would always be rivalry between him and the dapple grey, so he's glad that he can't accidentally initiate a war.

His return to Ischia had been uneventful in light of other things that had passed. Two girls of Brennen's enormous family had been missing, most notably his youngest daughter Khaeli. Leilan had never met them, but since his strange visions on the day of becoming a brother he had a pretty good idea how the winged bay felt, and he had not interrupted whatever had been set in motion since Jesper's return from the evil kingdom. Instead, he'd waited because he knew something would be up.

If waited was the word; he's been living in Ischia, but he travels the common lands as often as not. But except from a general feel of tension among those he met (at least, those who lived in kingdoms and were aware of such things as politics) he was a lousy intelligence agent, and would rather not be marked as one such. His regular swims to and from the islands and the distances he walked did keep him in shape however, and so he was pretty set on staying on as a warrior. Or maybe a warrior with one or two side-tasks should that be needed. Really, he's not actually stupid after all.

Brennen continues, claiming Ischia should be safe from any attacks. Leilan gives a thoughtful nod as he listens to the rest of the plans. When Belgaer and Jesper are called, he merely dips his head - though he offers a wide grin at Jesper's surprised face. His brother-in-name is special to him, in a way he's more family than any of his sisters. But the shock on his face is something he will definitely remind him of, every now and a while.

His thoughts get interrupted with Brennen's question. He muses a while, then steps forward. "Loess seems available for hire for anyone, which means their loyalties could be bought by one of ours for the duration of this raid. I feel a little concerned about this child-raid however. Those born in Sylva, and knowing their parents, might not come willingly, or come with the intention of ruining us from the inside. We should have them watched all the time, for a long time. Do we have enough horsepower to do so?" he asks. Surely they wouldn't put the refugee children from the allied kingdoms together with the stolen ones?
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

Could not resist HP remark, sorry not sorry xD
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Hold me in this wild, wild world: ALL + activity check - by Leilan - 07-04-2018, 03:01 PM