• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; Rhynne, any

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

With a rearrangement of her wings (because they made of light, that didn't do anything except giving in to a phantom itch, because her wings used to be normal feathered ones) she focused on the other mare as she spoke. She gave off a pleasant enough greeting, so Ilma estimated her to be fairly well-educated.

Had she used her ability to peek in on the white mare's mind, she'd have found the lingering troubles, but an overall well-doing pleasant mare. Besides, she had no secrets to keep from her. She smiled at the idea of talking about Hyaline, and so, she started with that. "It's beautiful in one word, and peaceful. We're a sanctuary kingdom in the mountains, so we try to keep ourselves out of meddling with other kingdoms. Of course, that can't be helped when you have neighbours and relatives in other kingdoms." she chuckled a bit. There was a difference between neutrality and seclusion. "But we do keep a peaceful relation with those surrounding us." She explained.

On the other question, she had less of an answer. "I'd like to say I'm doing well, though there has been some trouble in my life. Currently though, I am fine, if not for the absence of a certain someone. But not to worry, I'm sure he'll be fine and return back to Hyaline whenever he's done exploring." she tells the other mare. Truly, her would-be lover is a wanderer, and is easily drawn to a pretty face; she doesn't blame him, he still cares for all of them, and, she knows that Hyaline is his home and he will come back sooner or later. She hopes that it is in time for her to tell him about her feelings though. But that's of no concern right now.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Rhynne]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; Rhynne, any - by Ilma - 07-24-2018, 02:14 PM