• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Good guys never get the girl; diplomatic visit
    My mother had made an alliance with Hyaline, and while I had done nothing to solidify that arrangement during my reign, I have since learned that Arthas travelled there in my absence, and that the queens had chosen to enact a treaty instead. I do not blame them - Loess has never been a military power - but given my knowledge and what Ilma now says about Sylva, I cannot help but wonder how balanced the treaty might have been.

It doesn't matter now, I decide as a shift my weight to a more comfortable position. Now it is my turn to make the decisions, something that Wolfbane has entrusted me with.  I might have been nervous - surely most new clerics would - but this is something I have been trained for since birth: politicking and politeness. If anything, this is easier than the front I wear most days, when the post-traumatic memories are at their most overwhelming.

After Ilma's introduction, I offer an appropriately respectful nod. If Hyaline has sent their Ambassador, they must consider this a rather important venture. "A pleasure to meet you," I reply, and then wait as she speaks of the reason behind her visit.

The answer I have to give her is an easy one.

"Wolfbane dissolved all of our former ties when he took the crown." I tell her. "Loess is now a kingdom-for-hire. We're currently contracted," - I do not elaborate but there is nothing suspicious in my tone, "But Wolbane is always willing to entertain offers for the future." It is a novel concept, I know, but it has grown on me since the gold and blue king had first proposed it. Rather than being bound by the traditional allies and enemies, Loess can choose with whom to align themselves for as short or long a time as possible. I trust Wolfbane to choose wisely - he is the king, after all - and our current benefactors seem to find the situation agreeable as well.

ooc: oh yep. duh. fixed that! :P

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Good guys never get the girl; diplomatic visit - by Lepis - 07-11-2018, 07:28 AM