• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've Never Seen Anything Like This
    A light mist cascaded over the terrain due to the early hour of the morning, bathing the majestic valley in a blanket of fog that masked the creatures who knew how to blend in. One such creature was like many others here, but at the same time, unique, for the young one had seen the residents of the valley and knew she was different than some.

The loud cawing of a raven broke through the silence that echoed through the mist, slowly dispelling as the sun rose into the sky. As the fog began to dissipate, the valley revealed itself to those looking down from the sky. Instead of lush grass, the once beautiful place was covered in a thick blanket of white snow, concealing the earth beneath and making it difficult for the horses who lived here to find food. Some still made an effort by using their hooves to paw and clear away the snow, munching at any bland supply of food they could find.

A few of the horses in each cluster glanced up as they heard the large beat of wings above them, clearly wondering what could be so loud if not a bird. Seeing something they no doubt had before, they returned to searching for their food, leaving the creature that had passed to it's own devices.

The young filly that had flown over the group of horses just now snorted in disbelief, surprised they hadn't been more taken aback by seeing a horse like her. Nalia, like the horses below, sported a set of four hooves and lean, athletic build that well-suited a filly her age, reflecting the effort she'd made to stay alive to this point in time. But one feature in particular, if not her paint markings or dun leg stripes, made Nalia stand out like a sore hoof.

Blended into her back as easily as a bird's wings were the young filly's own, much larger pair, the downy feathers much like those of the birds and matching the light black shading of her coat. The majestic tools of flight were fully spread out as the filly glided over the valley, drawing the gazes of some while others completely ignored her. After some time, Nalia stopped caring, content with being able to soar through the sky with all the freedom she could desire.

The sun was a good distance into the sky by the time that Nalia decided to journey down into the valley herself, wanting to see if she could integrate into one of the cliques of mares. Folding her wings in, the mare dive-bombed down to the ground before opening them in an impressive display, halting her descent with all the power of a big cat pouncing on its prey. Rapidly flapping her wings to slow herself down, the filly's hooves softly touched the ground, snow surrounding her hooves up to her pasterns. Folding her wings in, the filly gave her head and neck a good shake, a light sheen of sweat covering her from the exertion of the flight.

Calmly walking in the direction of the other horses, Nalia kept her head low, her ears up, eyes focused on the others in front of her. When she got close enough, a couple of the other horses looked up to see who was approaching, losing interest and going back to searching for grass. Taking this as a sign that she was okay to get closer, Nalia took another few steps in their direction. At first, all seemed okay, until she was within a few feet and one of the other horses looked up at her again. Nalia stopped, her eyes wary, her posture tensing up to let the other horse know she was watching her.

For a moment, the two horses just stared at one another, before the other mare pawed at the ground, snaking her head a few times. Knowing this sign, Nalia took a couple steps back, knowing she wasn't wanted. The filly turned away and approached some of the other groups, only to achieve the same result.

Heaving a sigh of disappointment, knowing what the main reason would be for the other mares to act so defensive, Nalia walked away from the other horses and in the direction of the large waterfall she had seen while flying overhead. Since she chose to walk, it took a bit longer, but Nalia enjoyed the silence as she journeyed closer to the powerful force of nature. Upon arriving, the fatigued filly lowered her sculpted head and took a long drink, relishing in how the cool water relieved the parched sensation in her throat.

Lifting her head, a couple drops of water falling off her chin, Nalia twitched her bottom lip as her eyes glazed over the filly's reflection in the water. Although she wouldn't admit it, the young one was a rather pretty creature, but the filly's eyes always drifted to the wings on her back, silently wondering if all those years ago, they had been the true reason for her ostracizing from her herd. Of course, she hadn't stuck around long enough to find out, not after that stallion announced his true intentions.

Her thirst quenched for the time being, Nalia walked away from the waterfall so that she could have better hearing in case any creatures tried to sneak up on her while she set to work on her next task. Copying the mares out further in the field, the filly lifted one of her white-colored legs and started pawing at the snow in an effort to reveal the earth underneath. After some time, she managed to find the food beneath, and though the taste wasn't excellent, it was enough to keep the hunger in her belly at bay.

Nalia nibbled on the few small bites of grass her undertaking revealed before repeating the process a couple of times in an effort to find more food. Though her ears were up and about the listen for any creature approaching, the instinct to satisfy her hunger was largely occupying the young filly's brain. Her dam had warned her about letting such a thing happen, but even though many of her life lessons lingered in the back of the filly's mind, when driven, hunger was quite a powerful instinct...

OOC: Nalia is free to be approached by a representative from one of the kingdoms, or be claimed by a stallion.

Messages In This Thread
    I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 01:03 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 05:22 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 10:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-09-2018, 04:08 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-09-2018, 04:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-10-2018, 01:08 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-11-2018, 04:37 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-15-2018, 12:06 PM