• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've Never Seen Anything Like This

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Outwardly, Ilma was the same white pegasus she’d always been, save for the change in wing type. Inwardly... something different, of which the black dun male was the source. She was still an Ambassador, and would behave accordingly to anyone unknown.

So when the painted mare looked at her and her eyes lingered on the light-made wings, she did not mind. Curiosity can’t truly be helped, and she would have been willing to answer any and all questions about them, or about herself, or about the kingdom she hailed from. Ilma’s ever the kind, lady-like mare. Well-presentable, and with a polite if not kind face.

She’s about to say something else to the other mare who’d just dipped her head at her, but she doesn’t get a chance. The painted grulla pegasus reacts the way that Ilma should have a long time ago - for which she makes up now. Ears lie flat on her skull immediately, and she moves the brightness of her wings as if ready to take off - in fact, she would instead use them for that if she had to, but would also hope to temporarily block the man’s view of her new companion. That doesn’t seem necessary, she’s quite capable of moving away from the grulla mustang by herself. Her pose tenses, upper lip curling to show teeth, one forehoof scraping against the snow, voice steel-glad and cold. ”I’m sure she’s not interested in rapists, Arty.” She uses his nickname angrily, spitting it at him, clearly ready to follow it up with an actual bite. Ilma isn’t sure what the other mare makes of this, but at the moment she doesn’t care. He needs to go away. Now. If there’s only one thing good that came off him, it’s that through her mourning, her sadness, and everything, it turned out she is very well capable of holding a grudge, and has found a source for violence in herself she never thought she had. It’s good for him that she doesn’t possess a very damaging trait, because he would not be standing there whole if she had any. ”Now go throw yourself off a cliff or something.” He’s not going to get one-step-closer and walk away unharmed, of that she’s sure.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Nalia]
    @[Arithmetic] She never was the same after what happened, I guess (:
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 01:03 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 05:22 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 10:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-09-2018, 04:08 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-09-2018, 04:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-10-2018, 01:08 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-11-2018, 04:37 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-15-2018, 12:06 PM