• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've Never Seen Anything Like This

The day had grown grayer, as had their conversation. The staleness of it was bitter upon his tongue and he felt himself instinctually draw more inward. Overhead, a gathering of clouds threatened to spill a fresh sprinkling of snow upon them, crystallized ice already clinging the the darkness of his coat. The sudden drop in temperature matched the coldness of their eyes upon him. He did not turn and leave as his previous actions had suggested he might, instead he listened intently to Nalia as she first offered defensive words and then provided her name. Both mares no longer surprised him with their unguarded contempt for him. Ilma's was understandable, however Nalia's was based purely on presumption and prejudices. She held herself above him, even without knowing the fullness of his previous involvement with the Hyline Ambassador. Outwardly, towards the grulla paint, he hadnt expressed a single ounce of animosity. He had remained calm in the face of her judgement and had only risen to draw attention to her fallacy. But ignorance couldnt be healed, it seemed, and he was content to let it be.

Ears pricked forward in interest, his smile never faltered as he met her gaze in a friendly manner. He nodded his head in reassurance, "Perhaps you are right," he conceded with a playful wink of his hazel eye. Gesturing towards Ilma he continued, "I am glad to see that the rare predisposition of self control has not been lost to all. I will restlessly anticipate our next meeting and my chance for redemption."

Concluding his farewell to Nalia he returned his attention to Ilma, the waves of his disgust towards her slowly subsiding. Sifting through his memories with her he felt nothing but regret. His lust had been what had led to his eventual downfall, the lowest point in his life had been succumbing to her pretty face. That was all she had been to him, nothing more than a casual flirtation paired with a good body and pleasant features. Her wit had been dull and their conversations forced, but none of that had mattered so long as she gave him what he had set out to take. And she had. Though, the details of her willingness had been mildly overlooked.

Knowing her more intimately, he'd come to realize that her affections were as flighty as a deer caught in the wood. Her gaze hungrily shifted from one male to the next, him being the second of her 'flings'. The ivory mare was blind to her own faltering attentions - little did she know that he had been watching her. Her heart had barely finished a single beat when she instantly fell into the arms of another. Who was it? Svedka? The longer he watched the clearer it became that he was her next desired hook up. He was only partially surprised to find her womb barren, but he supposed Svedka had found a more suitable mate to warm him that past autumn.

Many and more happy realizations tumbled within the darkness of his mind, begging to be set lose upon her. But he remained silent to such things, glad to let her to continue to live happily within her delusional world.

Ilma's apology to Nalia felt strained, a feeble attempt to regain the dignity she had lost. Turning to him her question was simple and he suspected that she already knew the answer.

To find you, my darling.

"Why, I was merely enjoying the sights," he explained with a quick glance at the frosted landscape that surrounded them. "It was only a happy accident that I stumbled onto you here...my lady ambassador."

He threw her title at her with heavy contempt. After her display he couldnt help but question if she was deserving of such a burden. Smiling he started to walk away, his tail swaying with each step he took.

"Truly, this was a rousing experience," he called back at them over his shoulder. "I look forward to seeing both of you again very soon."

And with that, he disappeared over the rise.

Arithmetic
    I Don't Make Love

@[Ilma] | @[Nalia] Sorry, I lost power twice yesterday...so that's why this is a bit late to the party.

Messages In This Thread
    I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 01:03 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 05:22 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 10:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-09-2018, 04:08 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-09-2018, 04:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-10-2018, 01:08 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-11-2018, 04:37 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Arithmetic - 07-12-2018, 09:11 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-15-2018, 12:06 PM