• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I've Never Seen Anything Like This

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

Whatever Arithmetic was thinking, she was glad he didn’t show all of it. His behaviour was nothing she could ever agree with, which was why she, seeing him after so much time, had exploded. She should not have, as he loved to point out several times - she only reacted with a harder look and ears pinned to her head for a moment, and did not care to make a show of herself again. Although given the chance, she might have literally attacked him. But perhaps he’d best her in that too, and certainly she would not try in front of another.

She ignored his comment about seeing them again soon. She’d rather he stayed out of her life for good. Not only because choosing him over Svedka to try and build a lasting relationship had backfired hard on her, but also because now that her feelings for the latter had been given time to grow (something the impatient Arithmetic might have had, had he waited for her to do so), she had moved on now, and would not like to try over with the grullo again.

But there was something about her way of giving love he had not understood. She’d been ready to give everything as long as she got something in return, but, since he’d taken what she was not ready to give, all of that budding love had been frozen to death. She shook her head silently when the grullo man left, and turned to Nalia. The mare had said not to apologize, but she felt like she should anyway. ”No, whatever we have going on should not have been outed in front of you. That I have good reason has nothing to do with my really bad example of a diplomat.” She says wryly.

With a sigh, she turned to the west. ”If you’ll excuse me, with this weather it’s a long walk home. I hope to see you again sometime under different circumstances.”

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Nalia]
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 01:03 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 05:22 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 12:43 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-08-2018, 01:10 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-08-2018, 10:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-09-2018, 04:08 AM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-09-2018, 04:13 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-10-2018, 01:08 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Nalia - 07-11-2018, 04:37 PM
    RE: I've Never Seen Anything Like This - by Ilma - 07-15-2018, 12:06 PM