• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the enormity of my desire disgusts me; secondchances pony
    Alive? he might be dead for aught I know,
    With that red gaunt and colloped neck a-strain,
    And eyes squeezed shut ‘neath rusty mane;

He doesn’t know if he has a good answer to the man’s question. He came here – came back – because it’s the only place he really knows, the only thing that feels remotely like home. There have been other homes – once, so long ago, it was the desert (so briefly, that, he does not recall specifics but only the warmth of sahara-hot sun on his back), and then the meadow, and another place, a nameless land, and back here, and so on and so on –
    And back. And back. Always back.
    It doesn’t feel like home, not really. Just a place his hooves know. A place that is familiar and rife with memories – some of which he recalls. Some of which he doesn’t.
    It doesn’t matter. It doesn’t.

“I’ve lived here, off and on,” he says, “I seem to keep finding myself back here.”

Seldom went such grotesqueness with such woe;
    I never saw a brute I hated so;
    He must be wicked to deserve such pain.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the enormity of my desire disgusts me; secondchances pony - by garbage - 07-14-2018, 03:24 PM