• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Desolation comes upon the sky // Any
    Ardashir
    A smile passed his own pink lips, “ No, of course not Dosh. The weather is not why I have come today.”
    The world around them was warming a bit. The snows had started to creep back some. But, winter would release its grip on this land when it wanted and no sooner.

He simply started and the words just fell out of him.“I have been running circles in my own mind over these last few years. Wondering about my place in the kingdom.  I make myself a hermit in these lands. I am the champion of Nerine and yet I have hardly faced anyone in battle. I know this role means that my life is for our queen to do with as she pleases. But, that does not mean that I am a slave to her. I fear that this title of mine is undeserved. For what have I done for this place?

He lowered his head some and tilted it to one side looking at Scorch. “ Or, am I just running myself stupid with all these thoughts? Should I simply be happy to serve? I don’t want to run off and just forget responsibilities. But, I also do not want to stand idle with some shadow of greater dangers looming behind the scenes.

The draft stag sighed and lifted his head looking up at the trees a bit, “ The frost is coming to an end. Spring is here it seems. New life..” He paused on the last part. Ard had never been with a mare. He had not shared his heart no his body with anyone else. It was his own fault really not going out and chasing some filly down. Or, maybe he wanted a connection with someone before offering his heart to them.

He did not want to have children running around everywhere. Maybe, just one or even two. He looked back to the hairless mare with her eyes of red and yellow, “ You are very kind for listening to me ramble. I am sorry I have never spoken to you before.” Ard was being kind but not at all a flirt. He would not dare with her. That and the boy knew nothing about how to say the right thing or touch someone just the right way. He was no Ivar.  
    The blue in an ocean of gray..

@[Scorch]
    You’ve mistaken the stars reflected on the surface of the lake at night for the heavens.

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Scorch - 07-09-2018, 10:15 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Ardashir - 07-19-2018, 04:53 PM