• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris]

"love breaks my bones and i laugh."

Her inner turmoil reminds him of his first hunt and how he had let terror engulf him so easily at the sight of so much blood. He had cursed the world that had allowed him to become such a monster when he had once been so perfect before. Like Pond, he was only a child then. He hadn’t even had the time for any sins worthy of such a curse and yet there he was. Yet here he is. It is a small revenge to twist and torment those who lead such happy lives before he darkens their doorway.

He nods slowly when she stumbles around the word ‘me’ and he forces something like pity onto his face. She’s shaking like the boy had when Vulgaris cornered him, towered over him just seconds before teeth met skin, and yet for entirely different reasons. The smell of her tears and the blood around them is almost too intoxicating as he watches her face shift between so many different emotions.

She curls around his lie and edges closer to him. Vulgaris steps forward so her small head can lean against his gray chest while he leans his head over her to hug her close. His bright eyes catch the sight of the wings changing and he smiles faintly to himself at his accomplishment. Pond is changing in the worst sort of way but she’s the perfect plaything, really.

Of course you meant to, Pond,” he says softly in a voice tinged with regret and pity, like a parent teaching the hard lessons of life. “You wanted this. You were jealous of everything he had and you knew you couldn’t just take it for yourself. Monsters take what they can, so you took his life.

And to some extent, he has told her the truth of himself. He has always snatched away anything he found within his reach and kept it all for himself so long as it entertained him. There was no way to mend the sorrows he plagued himself with but observing the mourning of others always helped him forget for a while. And besides, ripping someone else’s life apart is always easier than piecing your own back together. He has learned that much the hard way.

Everything is alright, Pond. If they come looking for you then I will keep you safe,” he mumbles softly near her ear. At least this time he speaks the entire truth. Vulgaris is selfish and territorial, willing to crush anything that threatens what he deems his. That had been the only bright side of having a herd of his own years ago – fighting anyone who tried to take one of his girls, taking from others so easily. “I am the only one you can truly rely on. I am the only one who understands.

She still smells like childhood and innocence but he tries to commit this moment to perfect memory. Maybe in another year, when she’s fully grown, he can look back at this moment and relish in their progress.

Vulgaris.
    @[Pond]

Messages In This Thread
    am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 07-11-2018, 05:55 AM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 07-12-2018, 07:29 AM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by vulgaris - 07-16-2018, 05:44 PM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 08-29-2018, 06:28 PM
    RE: am i afraid of you now [Vulgaris] - by Pond - 09-08-2018, 12:34 PM