• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow || Wishbone, etc. ||
    The journey north is made with much haste, but I make no sound of complaint. It might have been faster to fly, but with a captive and my damage, the distance needed to be covered by hoof instead. I lead the way down trails I've never seen, winding through the tall mountains with only the sound of my two companions to break the silence.

I had thought, once or twice, of turning back and engaging them in conversation.

I'd managed the first part of that, but the first time I had not been able to catch Kladius with my eyes (he was too busy focusing on other parts of my body) and the second time is just as Wolfbane speaks up to remind our purple captive that we had remained true to our word. It is then, with the sound of hooves coming to greet us, that I drop the last of my projection toward Klaudius.

I focus instead on the small bay mare that comes to greet us, and in the time that it takes her to greet Wolfbane I puzzle through the strange familiarity of her features. I recognize her just as she notices me, and I give her a bright smile in return. The Nerenian queen makes no mention of the changes that have occurred since our last meeting, and I cannot help but wonder just how a Tephran princess has become a regent of the Leviathans. We both have tales to tell, it would seem.

"Thank you for the welcome," I reply honestly. "I've not been north of Loess before. What little I've seen so far of your kingdom has been lovely though."

I realize that Klaudius has started to shift beside me, and though I no longer soar with my own, I would know the flare of wings ready for flight anywhere. Rather than say anything immediately (I am far from the threatening sort, anyway), I sidestep closer to the purple stallion. I press my left side firmly against his right, pinning his wing between our bodies as I glance up at him. There is a significant size difference between us, both in height and build; I have no hope of physical restraining him.

"Calm down" I tell him gently, and rest my blue muzzle against the curve of his amethyst shoulder. He is warm even in the bitterly cold air, and it is easy to avoid the chill and remain a moment longer. I press relaxation into him, though I know the emotion is at odds with his true feelings. Opposite emotions are the hardest to sustain (especially after I've been using my gift the entire trek here), but we couldn't lose our first contract just as we are about to close on it.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow || Wishbone, etc. || - by Lepis - 07-29-2018, 03:17 PM