• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she calls my arms a crime scene, any
    Vulgaris
    "  when she's coming for my heart it feels like armageddon. "

He eyes Wolfbane when he lists off possible payments for their services and he finds himself uninterested in gifts of power. The prospect of health, however, intrigues him. Snapping his teeth and showing his might with the promise of being healed after he’s earned his share? Not spending days nursing wounds like a sick child? A smile creeps across his face but he offers only a nod in response to the ruler’s words. But, of course, there are conditions to being a member of their society, so he continues to listen oh so patiently.

Vulgaris notes the subtle sigh as the king asks for nothing more than sense and a little activity. Was this a struggle for the pegasus to command from his people, he wonders silently? There is a slight tilt of his gray head as he considers the question but he supposes he shouldn’t read too much into the conversation. But then he’s offering up a title, something maybe coveted by others for the snake to call his own. Paladin. His eyes remain focused, unblinking, on the other as he makes his final offer.

I’ll be your paladin, and in exchange, I’ll do whatever you request of me,” he says as his eyes roam over the rest of Loess again. He’s never sworn fealty to anyone before but he supposes it’s good to get out of his comfort zone every once in a while. “Is there anything that needs to be done now or would you like to wait before you issue any orders for me?

He gives Wolfbane only a brief glance now. Whether he can rest for the time being or if he’s already being sent somewhere on a mission makes no difference to him, really.
    @[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: she calls my arms a crime scene, any - by vulgaris - 08-06-2018, 08:40 PM