• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

not rich && still sad

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    In the midst of a cloudy, obscure field, two mares romp as if through syrup. One glows a heavenly gold as she frolics, and the other gives of pleasant swirls of shadows that suggest earthiness more than they do evil. Between them, countless threads of indescribable love flow and flutter, binding them together as easily as the sun and the moon, too, are bound together. Irrevocably.

"You haven't been to the field lately."

Well, that's not exactly what the darker one expected to hear as they lilted through some ethereal version of the Abyss. The image glitches as her consciousness weasels its way into the dream, reminding her of her duties as Queen. The lithe mare moves as if to escape the grasp of these intrusive thoughts, but just as she's near to rejoining the angelic mare she calls Wife, the hands of her own being pluck her from the dream and plop her somewhere else entirely.

Well, fuck.

I'm standing in a corner of the field, bed-headed and bleary-eyed as sleep falls from me in buckets. Despite being one of only two dream manipulators present in Beqanna, and by far the senior of the two (considering that the other is my own son whom I am teaching these days), the dreams still manage to have their way with me every now and again. A part of me is thankful that it's no longer doing so by forcing me to birth literal demons into this world - buuuuut the part of me that has just been literally teleported away from my lover and back into the get up of a diplomatic queen is pretty cranky. Imagine having to get to work this way - you'd like, die. So yeah.

Debating whether I ought to turn right around and go back to Hyaline in a show of spite, I eventually settle my frazzled nerves enough to level with myself. I'm here now, I didn't have to spend any energy getting here, and I might as damn well do as my subconscious says and recruit somebody. After all, I believe that, despite our unimportance in the grand scheme of things, we each play an integral part in the functionings of day to day life, existential crisis be damned.

They look almost like disproportionate siblings I decide as I watch them get closer and closer. Or rather, as I watch the one approach the other; the draft is clearly acting the suave, uninterested bloke, whereas the filly (though I use that word only as it suits her disposition more than 'mare') flounces towards him eagerly. I can't quite tell whether the approacher belongs to a kingdom; she doesn't look familiar, though even in my position of power I can't presume to know all the inhabitants of Beqanna. Still, the vibes they throw off as one - stoic and energetic, jaded and free-spirited - draw me towards them like a moth to the flame.

And the gods, well, they want to see these moths burn.

I destroy the unified nature of their meeting as I walk towards them and settle, my mahogany-and-white coat colourful compared to their greyscale pallets. The antlers atop my head gleam slightly in the pale winter sunlight, arching wide and tall above us, though I do not position them in any threatening manner. Instead, I lower my Arabic head to them both, wondering as to the whereabouts of my familiar, though only momentarily. Panthera will do as she pleases, and I ought not waste time worrying about it.

"Hello," I offer in easy, smokey tones. A slight smile accompanies the words, softening the harsh angles of my well-bred features. "My name is Kagerus, I am a Caretaker of a land called Hyaline. From where do you both hail?" I pause, my nutmeg eyes drifting from the stallion to the mare. "And, pray tell, what are your names?"

@[Marienelli] @[Tickaani] Kag got really excited and wrote y'all a novel.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    not rich && still sad - by Marienelli - 07-17-2018, 09:06 PM
    RE: not rich && still sad - by Tickaani - 07-18-2018, 12:27 AM
    RE: not rich && still sad - by Kagerus - 07-18-2018, 07:26 PM
    not rich && still sad - by Marienelli - 07-20-2018, 10:17 PM
    RE: not rich && still sad - by Tickaani - 07-21-2018, 12:05 AM
    RE: not rich && still sad - by Kagerus - 07-30-2018, 08:03 PM
    RE: not rich && still sad - by Marienelli - 07-31-2018, 08:22 PM