• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; any

They are far more alike than her father could have ever guessed when he had named her in her grandmother’s honor. Different, true, but alike in all the ways that matter. And she would be a fool not to know of her grandmother’s legacy. Perhaps Scorch had died before she had ever been born, but the past is as easily accessible to her as the present. And her curiosity had, as ever, been her greatest vice.

She had been waiting. Perhaps her eyes are turned to the sea, but she is perfectly aware of the comings and goings around her. She is a difficult creature to catch by surprise.

Her dark ears twitch briefly at the sound muffled sound hoofsteps in damp sand, but she only turns to face the familiar scarred mare when her words of welcome resonate into the damp air. Her eyes, vibrant and blue, settle upon the fearsome visage of her grandmother, as icy and unsettling as ever. Her lips quirk slightly at the greeting, a soft, barely audible huff of amusement escaping her lips at the question.

She would be hard pressed not to remember.

“How could I not?” she replies mildly before allowing the silence to settle. Equine brows furrowing, she studies her grandmother, head tilting slightly as she considers her charred features. Finally, she turns to contemplate the sea once more, inching forward until the water is lapping at her fetlocks. A momentary distraction

“I must admit, I’m surprised you gave up the throne so easily.”

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

I'm sorry I'm a terrible person and this took forever and a day D:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; any - by Heartfire - 08-15-2018, 10:45 PM