• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; any

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

She was a difficult creature to catch by surprise; but when ever had Scorch intended to surprise someone? Her ugliness, her hoarse voice, her abrasive and unabashed personality - all of it screamed in your face, and kind of more in a punch kind of way than a pinch. And to say the least, she would never want to hide herself from her family - with her spectacular mutation of her grandmother's dragon vision, Heartfire ought to know this.

Her ears' twitch alone indicates her awareness of Scorch's arrival. When those two eyes - as icy blue as Scorch's are firey red - settled in tandem with the curve of her lips, Scorch knew that Heartfire needn't any guiding through any of what she had missed. The role reversal that the rat had been expecting would not come to be... But upon seeing such an uncannily familiar expression mirrored at her from one so akin to herself, Scorch knew that the conversation would be absolutely worthwhile nonetheless.

On her own lips, a sideways lilt of her lips; the charismatic, cunning half-smirk; the same as her granddaughter wore.

The blue roan replied with a rhetorical question, leaving them in an amusingly clever sort of silence that nearly left sparks flying through the air. In unison, their gaze meandered out to the ever-rolling sea, and as if commanded by the same brain and powered by the same heart and lungs, they crept into its lapping waves. It would never be the Jungle... But of it's own accord, it was home, and it was a thing of legends.

I must admit, I'm surprised you gave up the throne so easily.

"Hah!"

The sharp tone of her laugh cut through the lull of the sea like a knife, and was followed by a half dozen softer chuckles. Her head, massive and inelegant, swung gently from side to side as the laughter faded, an expression of the incredulity she felt at having been asked such a bold question right out of the starting gate. Looking carefully sideways, the mare considered her younger counterpart more calculatedly; just who was this Heartfire... And who did she want to become?

"I shouldn't be surprised that that's your first question. God knows it would have been mine, too." She straightened herself with the speech, rolling her shoulders as she more seriously considered the proffered question. "But the fact of the matter is actually quite simple. I am not Nerine's ideal leader any more, being set in the Ways of Old." She gestured to the small rose-and-vine tattoo that lay on the right side of her breast, the last remnant of that time long, long ago.

" I serve best now as Second in Command, as she who will never leave and who will pick up where the Queens leave off." Her brows furrowed at the comment, gut squelching; where was Wishbone? Where was the girl she had so carefully handgroomed to be Queen...? She knew it to be her duty to step up as leader of the Leviathans if much more absence continued... but on the other hand... not now.

"And now it is I who must admit." Her gaze turned forcefully to the mare, her smirk dropping slightly, though the mood remained altogether pleasant, if not a little abrupt - though what more would you expect from this pairing? "You left when we most needed members. Why?"

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

I'm also terrible so together we make something. Well. I LIKE IT OKAY. Also why did I use so many ellipses, send help...
    @[Heartfire]
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; any - by Scorch - 08-21-2018, 07:06 PM