• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh look, a quest! Round three (now with results!)
    Okay, welcome to round 3!  A few quick reminders before we dive in.  Please, please, please check the last round for results before you start writing!  Eliminations were posted in the round 2 thread!  Also please remember, there is no editing your quest posts once you’ve submitted them.  And one more thing, keep an eye on that tense-switching.  It may not sound like much, but it’s a huge grammar pet peeve of mine and it really distracts from the flow of your post.  I specifically mentioned it to a few people previously, but just please be aware of it.  We’re getting closer to the finish line, and something like that can really make or break a post.  You guys are fantastic, and I love your creativity!  You’re doing great.  And that last round was absolutely, deliciously brutal.  Well done!  Okay, enough with the notes.  Let’s get down to business.

Bonus points if your immediate reaction to that was “to defeat…the Huns!” and you now have that song stuck in your head.

But not actual bonus points.  Because I can’t read your minds.  Thank god.

~*~*~

“Oh, no.  Another one.  Poor dear.”  Work-rough hands scoop your mangled body out of the trash, running gentle fingertips along your broken, battered (and in quite a few cases, melted) surface  “She really did a number on you, huh, little one?  I’ll see what I can do to put you back together.  Or…well, barring that, at least turn you into something beautiful again.”  The housekeeper tucks you into her purse, where she has tucked many a tortured toy before.  And when her work day is over, she smuggles you into the little cottage out back.  It’s a cozy little place she shares with her own ten-year-old daughter, a sweet, shy little hazel-eyed brunette named Lena.  She takes you to her craft room, where she will fix you up and turn you into a brand new-to-her toy for little Lena.

And when she has turned you back into a pretty (if slightly patchwork…or recycled…or completely different) toy, she will give you to her little girl.  This time playtime won’t be torture.  Lena will treasure you like you’re the only toy in the world.  For as long as she can keep you hidden from that little bully Nerissa, anyhow.

~*~*~

You heard me.  Go get fixed up (feel free to use your very active imaginations to come up with creative ways to manage that) and then go play.  Have some fun with your new best friend!  What, you were expecting more torture?  Sorry to let you down.  And I know this will come as a surprise, but Lena is not friends with Nerissa.  She mostly plays inside, to avoid bumping into the girl who tends to make fun of her, push her around, and generally make her life miserable at any given opportunity.  Eventually, though, Lena will slip up.  Stop when Nerissa finally sees you, the remnants of her bestest new toy turned into a whole different new toy and given to someone else.

Once again, you have 72 hours to reply.  Monday night, by the board’s time when you’re not signed in.  Good luck, and have fun!  And I’m sure there will be questions, because there always are.  You guys are really good at thinking of things I don’t.  So ask away!  I’ll be in cbox for a bit, or the other usual ways of getting in touch will work too.
    • Should we be including Nerissa's reaction, or stopping when she sees the toy?
      Stop when she sees the toy.
    • Can I include the housekeeper's words and such in my post?
      Absolutely!
    • So basically you get to mess around with general appearance such as color with this makeover?
      Color should stay pretty much what you were given in the beginning. But other than that, yes. Especially those of you who were melted, there's room to be reshaped and repaired into something different.
    • Just to make sure I'm clear, we could totally change what our character is, so long as we keep the color intact more or less?
      If you want to. I mean, the housekeeper doesn't have molds she can pour you into or anything. She's patching you up by hand. But you can be creative with what you end up looking like, yes.
    • And the normal rules being a toy around humans applies? So we can't talk, etc?
      Correct.

Messages In This Thread
    Oh look, a quest! Round three (now with results!) - by Grumblesnakes - 06-26-2015, 09:34 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round three - by Speck - 06-27-2015, 10:38 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round three - by Erebor - 06-27-2015, 12:26 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round three - by Call - 06-27-2015, 04:18 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round three - by Syl - 06-28-2015, 08:53 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round three - by Ephrelle - 06-29-2015, 08:00 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round three - by Shaytan - 06-29-2015, 01:48 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round three - by sleaze - 06-29-2015, 03:47 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round three - by munroe - 06-29-2015, 07:29 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round three - by Malis - 06-29-2015, 08:30 PM