• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Summer School - health and literature
    [Image: chalkboard_words_summer_school_with_drawings_of_sun.jpg]

Health&Literature

Welcome back everyone.

Unfortunately, Hephaestus and Sitra have decided not to return to this class. But our pursue of knowledge is not done!

You've all done well in your answers. But please let me remind you that if I give you clues to answer, I expect them in your returned assignment. Only Breckin succeeded in all of this fully, which is why she scored highest (see below for scores).

Your next assignment:
    Write a short (300 word min, 600 word max) paper on the assigned health subject. Include the following:
    -Cause of the disease
    -How could a wild horse contract it and how long would that take (immediately or is there an incubation period)
    -What's the course of the disease
    -How does one get better
    -Explain the disease's name
    -IMPORTANT; make this readable for me. That is why I added the literature compartment: I want a nice-flowing story, not a dry report. By any means necessary... I'm excited to see how you'll achieve this.

Due Monday July 30th, 23:59 board time.

@[Breckin] and @[Lucrezia]: Strangles
    @[Pond] and @[Zain]: Pigeon Fever

Bonus question: What's the difference between a Paint and a Pinto horse? (in one sentence please)

<style type="text/css">.tg  {border-collapse:collapse;border-spacing:0;}.tg td{font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;padding:10px 5px;border-styleConfusedolid;border-width:1px;overflow:hidden;word-break:normal;border-color:black;}.tg th{font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14px;font-weight:normal;padding:10px 5px;border-styleConfusedolid;border-width:1px;overflow:hidden;word-break:normal;border-color:black;}.tg .tg-yw4l{vertical-align:top}</style>
    <table class="tg">
     <tr>
       <th class="tg-yw4l"></th>
       <th class="tg-yw4l">Zain</th>
       <th class="tg-yw4l">Pond</th>
       <th class="tg-yw4l">Breckin</th>
       <th class="tg-yw4l">Lucrezia</th>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Grammar, typo's, punctuation (10%)</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">3%*</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">10%</td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Word count (10%)</td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Style (essay in this case) (10%)</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">5%*</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">10%<br></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Name(s) asked for (10%)</td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Kingdom(s) or place (brotherhood) mentioned (10%)</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">0%*</td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">BQ year estimate (10%)</td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Other things I asked for (subject-specific) (10%)</td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Describe the event like you were there at the time... (10%)</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">0%</td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Personality included (10%)</td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Creativity&amp;story of how you gained information (5%)</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">3%</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">2%</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">5%</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">2%</td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Bonus question** (5%)</td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">Total (100%)</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">66%</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">85%</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">100%</td>
       <td class="tg-yw4l">85%</td>
     </tr>
    </table>

*I found two wrong types of punctuation, and one grammar mistake. (There's no such thing as "a women".)
    I asked for an essay, not for you to tell me how obvious, stupid, or weak they were; put you got the point across.
    The last effort to reinstate the Brotherhood (of the three I asked of you to describe) did not take place in the Tundra, and I'd asked you to find that out.

**The Mérens horse hails from the Pyrenees, which includes a small part of Spain. You could have known this from the sentence 'The Lusitano, Sorraia and Garrano are of Portuguese origin, and the remaining are of Spanish' OR from clicking the Mérens horse's breed name on the wikipedia page: "native to the Pyrenees and Ariégeois mountains of southern France, where the Ariège river flows, and northern Spain near Andorra. This is why the Pottoka also does not qualify as the answer - it's both French and Spanish. Technically, France is not part of the Iberian island; but due to the horse breed's spreading into Spain as well, it qualifies as Iberian.
    Nota Bene: Linking to a page is not the same thing as answering a question. You're insinuating that I look up the answer there myself. As a teacher, I'm slightly appalled by this behaviour and would like to ask you not to do that again.

Messages In This Thread
    Summer School - health and literature - by Tir - the teacher - 07-23-2018, 02:03 PM