• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  For a mermaid just like you; Deiti

My absence from this place had been nearly a year.  A year of growth and exploration, that I had spent as I wished.  Always having done what others decided for me, it felt good to take control of my life.  To spread my wings and fly, far and fast.

And oh, how far and fast I could fly, I had not known until I met him. Ivar

He wasn't as he had been when I had known him as a child.  Then, he been nothing more than a caretaker of a land my father decided to move us to.  I was young and naive to the ways of attraction back in my time in Loess.  Now though, I had become an expert at flaunting myself for them.  For him.  Finely treading the line between temptation and want was thrilling.  It brought out a darker side of me, and when he had touched my flesh, something deep within rose to the surface.  Not only did my hide turn to scale and eyes resemble a monsters, I felt different.  More grounded.  More predatory.

So I had returned to my lagoon after departing from Ivar(it was incredibly hard to leave his side), to explore this different side of me more.  Or perhaps it was out of fear of this feeling trying to claw its way out of me, that i sought solidarity.  Here I could be alone with my thoughts, save for the birds, and begin to make sense of this instinctual urge to rip somethings throat out... 

Bad timing

I smell someone even in the embrace of my waters.  The fear, the anger, the prey.  They came to rest at my shores and without thought, I circle beneath the crystalline surface.  Losing myself and allowing the darkness to consume me.  I cannot fight it any longer. A drive rises within me, to leap from the cool aqua and drag the creature to the dark depths.  To watch them gasp for breath as bubbles of air break for the surface.  My sharp teeth digging into the tawny limb that is my hold.  Blood trickling from the wound and staining the sapphire pool rouge.  I can taste it...

My eyes snap open when I realize my thoughts had been actions.  That the prey I had dragged beneath the waters edge was suspended in front of me.  Motionless. The water filling his lungs, giving him buoyancy to remain with me even as I release my grasp. I blink several times, trying to find the humanity to know that this is my friend, Leilan, but all I see if blood and flesh, food.  I am the monster my mother swore me to be.  

The spawn of Satan himself...

Deiti

A God's Creation ~ Carnage X Dynast

@[Leilan] Does this work?  Let me know if I should edit but I imagine she is a tad out of herself atm and will snap back out of it when Leilan comes back to life
    *Kelpie Mimicry Traits*
    -Enhanced Beauty, Finned tail(in water only), Sharp Teeth-
    :|: Physical Appearance :|:
    Black rainbow sheen scales, blue snake eyes

Messages In This Thread
    For a mermaid just like you; Deiti - by Leilan - 07-25-2018, 02:06 PM
    RE: For a mermaid just like you; Deiti - by Deiti - 09-09-2018, 07:52 PM
    RE: For a mermaid just like you; Deiti - by Deiti - 09-11-2018, 06:27 PM