• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Gave away the things you loved and one of them was me; any

Maiko

Biting’s excellent. It’s like kissing, only there’s a winner.

The land is new to her, the smoky air tingles her nose. Perhaps it was as good an excuse as any, to say she had not smelled the marks on the border - truth was she hadn’t cared enough. Although she feigns surprise when a large-winged stallion blocks her way, she is not.

But it’s his words that aggrevate her.

She lays her ears flat; she’s endured enough in life that she feels no need to be scolded like this. Instead of asking why she’s here she gets the question that insinuates ‘do you even have brains in your head’ and so, he gets a very sassy response. ”Oh, we own land now? I thought we were just living in them. My mistake - let’s ask the fire fairy up there to make sure.” She narrows her eyes at him - fine, he’d probably win a physical fight, especially since she was never gifted any traits to help her. She shakes her head. What good would it even do? She’s just a bitter woman, slightly old, she’s sure he can see it. Whomever her parents or family members were, she never found them, and knowing she wasn’t wanted here either did not lift her spirits.

She has not paid much attention to politics - she doesn’t know about steals, about wars. Fact is she just came to find something to make her life less boring.

Bothering this man some more could be just that, since she had nothing better to do. So she half-turned; preparing to walk out on him or, perhaps around him. She hadn’t fully decided yet, and stopped a moment - she smelled no-one else nearby, and she commented on it sharply. ”You might be less lonely out here if you didn’t turn away everyone though.” she shrugged, deciding that taking her leave was what she would feign to do. Perhaps he’d call her back. If not, she’d be looking for another way in, some other day.

She wasn’t giving up on the idea of climbing all the way to the top of that fire mountain.

@[Warrick] She’s a bitter little bitch, sorry (:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Gave away the things you loved and one of them was me; any - by Maiko - 07-26-2018, 05:46 PM