• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show Me Where Your Love Lies[Birthing] Arthas
    The surprise in the colt's face as he whinnies brings an unexpected smile to my face. It is still there as I lower my head to his inquisitive nose, bumping it gently before sliding up his face and neck. My tongue cleans away the last of the dampness from his buttery yellow coat, and along with it the scent of his birth mother. He might have an unexpected pattern, but I've no knowledge of equine genetics, and he might as well be mine. Tobiano, sabino, what is the difference? It is fate, after all, that the colt I had borne had left a space in my heart the perfect size for this boy.

I hear the sound of hoofbeats and step closer to the foal, turning my head to search for the approaching horse in the oncoming darkness. Even in the shadows I can make out Arthas' brightly dappled form, and I make no effort to stop the buckskin colt from moving closer to him. Arthas is his father, after all. There is nothing for me to protect him from.

Returning Arthas' touch is second nature, and I breathe in the familiar dusty scent of his as I press my blue muzzle to the curve of his jaw. I missed you, he says, a greeting that has become common for the two of us. I know he has responsibilities and I do as well; the kingdom life is not always conducive to relationships. Still, I am glad to see him, and proud to show him our son.

"Delta," I respond. "His name is Delta."

@[Arthas]
    @[Delta]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show Me Where Your Love Lies[Birthing] Arthas - by Lepis - 08-18-2018, 09:19 AM