• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

like the dawn, you broke the dark - any/fam
    Do you believe you're missin' out?
    That everything good is happening somewhere else?

There is plenty going on, and although my mind has been refreshed by the gift of immortality, I still do not fight too hard to bring myself to full awareness in the gentle chaos of the room. Indeed, my mind goes out to my darling wife Insignificance, who in her mortality is not well enough to make the long trek from basin to grotto; but in the coming weeks, I smile to think that I will be bringing the triplets to meet their grandmother.

Drifting from Rhaegor, I make my way to each child in turn, murmuring my name in their ears and kissing their soft, tiny foreheads. It's been some years since the birth of my final child, and my heart yearns for him to be here, too; but Khaedrik is wanton and full of shade, drifting through this reality more as a wraith than as any earthly being. And besides, Kagerus has seen him and reassured me of his alive-ness, so I cannot complain overly.

Settling myself next to my firstborn grandson Abysm, I nod to him wordlessly before also lowering my head to Warlight. She is a fiesty little thing, determined as she was to be the first out and about; in some other universe, perhaps she had not been born first. But in this one she has, and so, her first decision has powerfully been made.

"I'm glad you're here, Abysm," I husk in my grandpa voice, low enough such that only he can hear. "Your mother grew up without a mother too, and it means a lot to her that you are allowing her to try and make up for her mistakes. If you want to talk more... You can find me in the willow grove."

KAVI
    Kagerou x Rhaego

Messages In This Thread
    RE: like the dawn, you broke the dark - any/fam - by Kavi - 08-03-2018, 08:18 PM