• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Summer School - drama and English
    By the time Lucrezia will have been transported back to the classroom with Teacher Tir and the other students, the assignment will have been completed. She will have walked to the front of the classroom and report her experience to the other students.

"I will have felt the leather straps and metal rings around my face. The taste of metal in my mouth will have been disgusted me. I will have never grown fond of this new thing around my face since I will have been new to wearing it.

Heavy winds will have been blowing, it will have awakened me from my day dream. My eyes will have looked around me, finding that I am within a familiar meadow. I will have noticed several other horses around in the meadow—there will have been at least eight of us. I will have then seen in the corner of my eye that one of the horses, a chestnut, will have approached me.

There will have been a familiar emotion in my heart, something I will have felt for the chestnut horse. My memory will have reminded me that he is my father. Without a doubt I will make this connection as my heart will have leapt for joy. I will have remembered we have been happy where we are—we will have lived a life on a horse farm. He is a well-loved horse among the others on the farm and has lived a life as a race horse. I will have been considered a well-loved horse, but will have been sold due to my endurance and physique. I will have been reaching my second year of life by the end of the month.

He will have greeted me as a loving father does. “Hello my daughter,” he will have said to me as I smiled from ear to ear when I will have looked at him. He and I will have embraced each other. I will have no doubt knowing I will have missed moments as the days are counted down.

“Shall we go on an adventure today?” He will have asked me and I will have given him the biggest smile I could possibly muster. He will have known I would have never turned down an adventure. My father will have run off by the answer of my smile. I will have squealed with excitement at the top of my lungs. I will have felt my hooves moving faster than I will have ever imagined. The wind will have my mane in a tangle creating a mess, but I will have not cared because I was feeling happy.

My father will have been running ahead of me, but I will have known he is not going the fastest speed he can go. By the time he has sired me, he will have been a life-long racing championship multiple times. I will have eventually catch up to him. I will have been pushing myself knowing I was capable of catching him. By the time I will have reached him, I will have nipped at his shoulder and run off into the other direction. I will have turned back and yelled “Tag you are it!” before he turned around and got me again.

I will have laughed when he caught me so quickly and have tears rolling down my face. By the time my tears will have stopped, I will have been crying since I realized I will miss these child games we played. There will have been nothing more in the world for me to get to stay and be with my father. He will have comforted me and encouraged me that this was the way, but I will have continued to carry the memories of us by the time I will have left the farm."

---

Bold indicates the portion of the assignment.
    Word Count: 594
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Zain - 08-08-2018, 08:08 AM
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Elvin - 08-08-2018, 11:52 PM
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Pond - 08-08-2018, 11:53 PM
    RE: Summer School - drama and English - by Lucrezia - 08-09-2018, 12:27 AM