• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we'll start a fire [any]

Koa was reminded of a speech her parents gave her when she was just a yearling. They would often tell her it's all in how she handled a situation that mattered. They were grooming her, but now did it even matter? She didn't have to be anything out here in these mysterious lands. She could be anyone that she wanted to be, she just wasn't sure who that was yet.

The golden mare's ears pricked at the sound of the chestnut stallion's voice. Why, hello there. I'm golden, sweetheart. I'm more worried about why you're in the forest alone. There are hungry things that lurk in the dark, you know. It was always the same thing. Stallions being worried about mares. She had gotten it her entire life and was used to it. There was no changing it so might as well embrace it. Her clear voice again rang through the air. "Somehow I think I'll manage. I've never been afraid of those hungry beasts you speak of." Her words were slightly challenging, but there was also a hint of something else to it. Slight sultry notes hung on her last sentence. Koa was no stranger to a little challenge. In fact, she embraced it. Her last words, though, they surprised her. She had never been one to exchange words with a stranger in that tone. It was foreign to her.

She then turn to the next stallion. He was a silver color that she had never seen before, and he had patterns that looked like a snake skin she could see now that she was closer. It was almost mesmerizing. She realized she had a lot to learn about this land. He spoke a short greeting with a sign. Maybe he didn't like the company of others. Then his voice filled the air again, more harshly this time. Who are you and why are you out here alone? He was brash, but she expected at least one of them to be. She tilted her head slightly and gave him a small smile. "My name is Koa and I am alone because I am new to these lands, if you couldn't already tell." Her lasts words had a bit of a bite to them, but her tone was hidden by her smile. "What is your name?" She asked the silver stallion, and then turned to the chestnut. "And yours?"

She again was surprised of her tone. Half of her sentences would be diplomatic, providing information about herself while being kind. The other halves would be slightly mixed with emotions, but weren't both stallions' words? The first stallion's words had hints of flirtation and the second stallion's words were harsh and fast. It seemed as if they knew who they were. While certain methods weren't how she would go about things, they seemed to stay true to themselves. She was slightly envious of that. If she wasn't forced to be someone her whole life, maybe she would also know her real self.

The palomino mare then remembered that the two standing before her had exchanged words slightly before she had walked up to them. How rude, she thought to herself. She had never been one for rudeness. "Have I interrupted something, gentlemen?" She looked expectantly at the silver stallion and then to the chestnut stallion. She didn't expect them to tell her to leave, but she couldn't be sure when it came to the duo standing before her.

KOA
    I don't need fate to give it time
    It doesn't take pain to change your mind

@[Azmere] @[tannor]

Messages In This Thread
    we'll start a fire [any] - by Azmere - 07-31-2018, 09:09 PM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by tannor - 07-31-2018, 11:33 PM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by Koa - 08-01-2018, 12:20 AM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by Azmere - 08-01-2018, 11:46 AM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by tannor - 08-01-2018, 07:56 PM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by Koa - 08-02-2018, 12:04 PM
    RE: we'll start a fire [any] - by Azmere - 08-02-2018, 02:55 PM