• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Between Coffee and Pancakes
    She talks more than her voice seems capable of handling, but he's pretty sure he doesn't care about that little problem. It's kind of cute, even. So, instead of calling her out for it, like he definitely would have done with about 99% of people - other people - he just smiles at the cracked sound of her voice. He sees her eyes glance at the laptop when she concludes he was there, and nods to her, but doesn't comment. Good thing it's got fingerprint protection. Although, she immediately adds that she never forgets a handsome face, to which he looks at her a little intenser, wondering if she means it or is just trying to mess with him.

He still muses over that, but at the next sentence she outs, he lifts one copper brow. "Stuff?" In that outfit? "I hope you don't have to meet with someone for that," he notes casually. A dual note if she was paying attention, one - the obvious one - for feeling sorry for her that she has to do it hungover, and two, he's not done staring at her yet and really would not like to see her leave so early on.

His offering of his half-eaten breakfast pulled a mock-offended question from her (at least he hoped it was mockery, but then, if it wasn't she would show more anger afterwards). He shakes his head in earnest though. "Tired, yes. Bad, no. I doubt you ever would." With an eye for the artistic, he finds something to admire in everybody, but truth be told, yes, to him she is above-average attractive. Compare that with the fact that he's been running around rich people a lot of the time, including fashion models and whatnot, for him that says something. Although, rich people can buy fake beauty, of course. He knows that like no other.

He pats the notebook. "I'm sure I caught a better picture of you yesterday." he grins, then leans his head on his right hand and rests his left on his right arm to look at her as she carefully takes a bite. "You know I didn't poison those." He points out and smiles. Breckin, it suits her. "I'm Leilan. Hey, but if those are too cold I'll get you new ones." he says more earnestly. "Don't want to offer something that's no good. Lousy gift that makes."

Speaking of the picture he meant - the good one - he remembers where he'd seen her first. Following Merrik's pointing gaze with the camera lens, naming the people he'd snapped photos of - stopping with her, the girl in the corner who'd brought a book to a pool party, whom he had no name to apply to yet. He hadn't missed much of what she did, until Rey finally had claimed his full attention - something that had ultimately ended with wet cloths and a silent thank-you to the gods of the waterproof cameras.

He waits a little to let her eat, but, ultimately he just has to ask. "So did your book survive the evening?"

@[Breckin]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Leilan - 08-02-2018, 02:35 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Breckin - 08-02-2018, 08:59 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Leilan - 08-03-2018, 02:43 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Breckin - 08-07-2018, 02:49 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Leilan - 08-07-2018, 03:18 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Breckin - 08-07-2018, 05:11 PM
    RE: Between Coffee and Pancakes - by Leilan - 08-09-2018, 04:08 PM