• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan]

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    To him, the purpose was not falling - just having some fun, and, if not that, at least to be distracted from his thoughts. The ones she had almost wanted to point out, but, not today he wouldn't.

The water was ample distraction. Helping them cool on this summer day, and, just for the fun of it and the sight of her face. For a moment she stood there just sputtering, spitting some water. But then she realized what he'd done, and although he stepped backwards casually, she was suddenly in the air, forgetting her bruises, and crashing the river's surface to get back at him. Now, he was getting fully drenched but he in fact, did not mind at all.

Actually - he just stood there grinning at her like an idiot, welcoming the wave.

That was until she came close - narrowing his eyes at her through his water-bearing lashes, blinking the droplets away still, he froze in his spot when she started to pretend brushing against his skin, what was she doing now? It was too fast a switch, couldn't be earnest, or maybe he shouldn't have been flirting so carelessly with every - splash! -

Well, that settled it. She was walking away, obviously thinking she was the smart one - too bad she was relatively dry and he was drenched fully still - again - doesn't matter. The point is - he's larger and quick in catching up. And so with several long strides he is with her, playfully tugging at her mane, and pushes his overly-wet fur against her side without further ado.
    "dear crow, your voice is right enough;
    but where are your wits?"
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Thalassa] ^^
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan] - by Leilan - 08-08-2018, 04:23 PM