• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan]

With all the splashing and noise they were making at the river, Thal noticed that small animals were scurrying away. Songbirds replaced their melodic songs with the sound of wings fluttering to safety. Squirrels used their tiny, sharp claws to scuttle up trees. She watched them, for a moment, sort of enjoying their little chaos. 

She looks back at Leilan as she walks away. He'd stood still while she splashed him, smiling, but oh, did she love how the smile erased and became a baffled expression as she pretended to turn up their physical contact up a few notches so quickly. You could see those wheels turning under that silvery roan skull. She lets out a soft, breathy chuckle at the thought of his thoughts. 

Suddenly, it sounds as though a tidal wave was crashing towards her, and she glances back just in time to see the bulky stallion breach the distance between them at lightning speed, playful expression cloaking his features. He tugs her mane and rubs his drenched side against hers. She whinnies shrilly, surprised at the cold water touching her unexpectedly. She launches herself away from him as quickly as possible, leaping in and out of the water to gain distance. "Hey! I was just getting dry, you half-wit." Under her indignant expression lies a small, happy smile, though. She was having fun. She looks up toward the sky and realizes with a start that the sun was setting. She must have been there for quite a while. 

"Well, Leilan, I don't know about you, but I think I'd better get out of the water before I grow gills and flippers." She flashes him a blazing grin. Thal swims toward the bank Leilan first came from, and heaves her wet body out of the water with a low grunt. Then, closing her eyes and shakes herself off. "Care to go for a walk?" 
    @[Leilan]

Thalassa

Get over your hill and see what you find there 
    With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan] - by Thalassa - 08-09-2018, 08:39 AM