• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan]

This time, she feels his laugh more than she hears it; it is the substance of real joy rather than simply flirtation. Thal appreciates that - that he isn't just a player. Sure, he doesn't seem to be looking for anything serious; but that wasn't a bad thing. It is only when stallions view mares only as a means to an end that Thalassa becomes angry. Fortunately, she hasn't met any like that, only heard of them, and she would like to believe they don't truly exist. Then again, she's a bit of a romantic. 

She rolls his eyes as he snorts triumphantly. "Ha, ha, you're so funny," she says sarcastically. Then her lopsided smile returns. But her ears prick as he says, in all seriousness, 'we wouldn't want that.' She looks at him, slightly concerned and curious. "Wait, if there's magic here...are there also mermaids?" She realizes how much she has grown to love this place, with its whimsical lands and diverse creatures, but when she was little, she'd always been drawn to mermaid stories, rather than princess ones. 

She can't help but smile wider when she hears that nickname again, altogether cheesy and sweet. As he follows, she walks towards the treeline, where she'd first come crashing through the undergrowth to earn her nickname. When he asks where they are going, she turns her head towards him, espresso eyes sparkling playfully as she peers into his chocolate ones. "I don't know. I haven't had a proper adventure since I arrived here, unless you count nearly becoming a mermaid. Do you have anything in mind?"

Thalassa

Get over your hill and see what you find there 
    With grace in your heart and flowers in your hair

@[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan] - by Thalassa - 08-09-2018, 09:07 PM