• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan]

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    Leilan only nods at Thalassa being impressed by the idea of kelpies. Good. He didn't want to bring the new girl into trouble for telling that there are mermaids and neglecting to tell her they're actually dangerous. Besides, he was having a good time around her, and would not mind spending another day (or night) with her sometime in the future - would be hard if she got herself killed in the meantime.

And maybe she'll just want to fix him. He's ruined, deep down, however. Unable to return to what he was when he just arrived back here, in the meadow that day. Okay, to be fair, he was an annoying prick, but only with the best intentions (forcing the other to show their true colours). Nowadays he was just being a joker and a charmer to prevent his own true colours from showing. How ironic can one be.

His mind and heart are arguing over the girls he meets, always. His heart wants the other one; his mind is playing tricks on the heart and tells them they all look the same, one way or another. With looking Thalassa in the eye just now, that's exactly what happened - his mind holding on to the small similarities to convince whatever's left of his heart to go with her, instead of yearning for the other. But when she glances at him and asks a question, the inner battle is won by the mind once again, and he starts walking along the riverbank. With any luck they'll both dry before the sun sets, and hopefully, they'll reach the sea by then. "I live in Ischia," he tells her. "It's a brotherhood kingdom. But as you may understand, it can get boring there also, with only men to surround you. The only women there are either as tough as we pretend to be, or someone's wife or daughter." Also known in Leilan's book as not to be messed with. "So I like to hang out in the common areas as well." he shrugs a little, and softly nudges her shoulder with his own in passing with an inviting grin on his face.
    "dear crow, your voice is right enough;
    but where are your wits?"
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Thalassa]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dancin' in the rain in my best dress, fearless [Leilan] - by Leilan - 08-11-2018, 03:23 PM