• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd trade all of my tomorrows [briseis&chryseis]
    She's unaware of how long she stares at the filly; could've been seconds, minutes, hours, days, but it had felt like an eternity.  That single blaze of gold was all that she could focus on, unable to register anything else in that moment until the little girl's voice pierced her clouded thoughts.  It was a compliment, and she knew she should probably say something in reciprocation.  She'd only mildly registered the pair's names, but she could recount them all the same.  Forcibly blinking, and physically shaking her head out of the consuming daze she'd found herself in, her dark eyes shift swiftly between mother and daughter, before stilling upon the blue roaned girl.  "Thank you, little dove.  I like your golden marking."  The words had come easily to her, and it surprised Breckin how effortlessly she'd spoken to the filly.  Motherhood had never been atop the list of her priorities, but the tenderness she felt in an instant towards a filly she'd only known for a minute surprised her.  Another blink, and a soft smile follows, forgetting in a blind moment about the troubles she'd just left behind in the Forest.

Finding some ground, she corrects her somewhat splayed stance, looking back to Briseis at last.  "I'm Breckin, lead diplomat of Nerine.  I apologize for staring, it's just that your daughter reminds me of someone I know."  She left it at that, while a fierce internal battle waged onward.  Beqanna was not all that large, and she'd travelled the far corners seeing many differing horses in her journeys, though none other than Leilan proudly displayed a metallic gold, or at least, none that she'd encountered anyway.  

Did she really want to know if he'd sired the child she now looked at?  A part of her largely screamed in dissent, arguing that the brief past would best be left in the past.  Another part argued furtively to outright uncover the truth, claiming that at least she could finally put to rest the lingering doubt that lined the edges of her thoughts.  Part of her still held on to the slim hope that he had only spoken in the heat of the moment, but deep down she knew that he'd been thinking about things for quite some time.  There was no other explanation for how deliberately and swiftly he had reprimanded her.

Whatever they had had was dead and gone.  So what was the harm in knowing if the girl was his or not.  Maybe the truth would bring her some type of reconciliation for the future of hers that could have been, but would never be.

"Do you know Leilan?"

@[Briseis]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd trade all of my tomorrows [briseis&chryseis] - by Breckin - 08-09-2018, 04:07 PM