• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if heaven's grief brings hell's reign [someone]

Breckin
    the truth that you'll find
    will always be the truth you hide
    Pulsating thoughts that had just moments before run rampant had lapsed into a dulled silence while, attentive ears shifted further forward.  At least for the time being, she had something to focus on other than herself, perhaps she could drown out her own problems in lieu of more pressing kingdom matters.  It was a small hope, but one she clung to desperately all the same; it could be a saving grace and welcomed escape from the most recent onslaught of her inner tumult.

The severity in which Scorch’s instense gaze held onto her own should have been an indicator of the news she was about to receive.  And the rising dull ache of pressure behind her eyes should have been the second.  Call it being outright oblivious or unwilling to acknowledge the obvious in its most basic form, she ignored them.  Both phenomenon could have multiple reasons for occurring anyway.

Wishbone has disappeared, and left Nerine to you.

To her, it felt as though her own problems and the kingdom’s had just become one in the same.  Dark eyes threaten to blink themselves clear of tears that are no longer there, but instead flutter lightly in what could easily be perceived as a wince.  For a moment she only stares absently at the very woman who had recruited her to Nerine, watching with a slight furrowed brow as she dips into a shallow kneel.  It would physically take an effort to break that now long held gaze, but she does just that, turning to trace the line of the horizon in the distance, as if searching for the answers the leopard mare didn’t know she was even looking for.

The older she grew, the more she came to realize that some parts of your life you just could not prepare for nor prevent—they just happened, they just existed, they just were.  And it was your reaction to them that spoke the loudest in the absence of or even in the most raucous of carefully picked words.

The eyes that train back to where Scorch waits patiently nearby hold nothing short of resolute determination; she would accept the ever changing shift in the winds for what it was.

”I would like to see it,” she says at last, not waiting for Scorch’s response before moving in the direction towards where the bald mare had come.  It wasn’t that she doubted her friend’s words, but a nagging sensation at the back of her mind’s eye was practically compulsing her limbs forward without much resistance.

Breckin slows my her should, reaching a whiskered muzzle to graze lightly against her barren skin, a small smile finally finding its way back to her dark lips.  ”I wouldn’t want anyone else to stand beside me for this journey.”

At that she continues to move down the shoreline, presumably with Scorch now leading to where Wishbone left her last decree as queen.  Breckin lets a quick silence fall, thinking on how best to address what the other mare had said; it wasn’t that the spotted woman had pointedly ignored Scorch’s offer, it was just a matter of how best to openly admit her heart and mind’s chaos to someone other than herself.

”Along with my telekinesis, I have been gifted or cursed by the fae for being the victor of a recent quest.  I’ve yet to gain control of it, but it seems as though I can feel other’s emotions, and perhaps see an image of the event.  Or I may just be going crazy.”  She spares a quick sideways glance before adding, ”And I’m in love with Leilan.”

your world is still lacking of me, how do you love?

@[Scorch]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if heaven's grief brings hell's reign [someone] - by Breckin - 08-30-2018, 08:42 AM