• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

if heaven's grief brings hell's reign [someone]
    Throughout Scorch's words, Breckin's eyes stayed glued elsewhere; they rested along the horizon of the blue ocean, but  Scorch knew that the leopard mare watched other scenes playing just behind her eyes. Considering that she hadn't known about the passing of the crown until now, her previous emotional outburst - the assault of the rockface, the way she allowed it to return the favour - Scorch could only guess that something else was going on behind the scenes.

This added weight couldn't possibly be helping; and yet, Breckin raised her head and spoke in the even voice of any queen. Without hesitation, Scorch turned and began leading the other towards the sign, not wanting to lend the mentally fractured creature any reason to postpone her rise to leadership. The mare's head buzzed with thoughts and questions and concerns as they went along in relative silence, but she suppressed them. This wasn't how one usually wanted to ascend, though in fact, it rarely went the way you wanted. Kagerou died, Quark disappeared, Echion died, Brunhild hid in an effort not to die - and Scorch, too, had died.

The Amazon's seemed to have a particular knack for passing the crown in awful ways.

Breckin slowed momentarily during their journey, reaching out to reassure Scorch that she'd always keep her by her side. Scorch met the other's blue gaze, a half smile lilting her lips; but otherwise, she made no other response. She didn't need gratitude or reaffirmation to be loyal to the Leviathans. The small rose-and-vine on the right side of her breast spoke those words each and every day.

They neared the sign as Breckin suddenly began explaining her situation to Scorch. At the words she spoke, the Dosh couldn't repress a harsh laugh and then a softer, deeper chuckle trailing after it. Her head shook gently, eyes finding Breckin's. It felt good, knowing that there could still be light heartedness between them. "Remember when I told you about my quest, about gifts and curses?" She wiggled her hairless brows indicatively. "Ah, I'm sorry you had to endure the same thing. But you aren't going crazy." Here, the mare reached out herself, touching Breckin's shoulder reassuringly. "Magics come with time, and before you know it, it will be as much a part of yourself as the skin you wear to cloak your muscles."

And I'm in love with Leilan.

"Chkkk--"

"Ahem. Well, I'm guessing that's why he was throwing the world's biggest temper tantrum earlier this week in the meadow." She pulled a sheepish grin, halting in a seemingly random spot within the birchwood forest. "Honestly, I think you would be lovely together, if he'd just smarten up a little. But I digress - the fact that my child's drama is now a part of my queen's drama is." She laughed awkwardly. "Not my favourite."

Heavy sigh.

"But, if you look -" She cast her eyes towards the carefully arranged bones, wondering if Breckin would see the same message that she'd had, "- there is the sign."

@[Breckin]
    We can end it here or you can post a wrap up post! This is probably my last answer though with college starting on wednesday Smile
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: if heaven's grief brings hell's reign [someone] - by Scorch - 09-03-2018, 02:04 PM