• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any
    Her father had put her to bed hours ago, but the pale filly is still wide awake as the moon begins to creep across the mouth of the cave. The sand, barely a dozen yards away, beckons to her. Kypria sighs, the sound loud and long, but there are no answering hoofsteps. Mother usually sleeps beside the cave, but it seems that she is not the one on guard tonight. Father is much less likely to be watchful (if he is even there at all) and the filly seizes the opportunity.

Kypria tiptoes out of the cave, but furtive glances reveal no one in sight and a clear path to the ocean. She follows it, moving past the overgrowth and onto the sand. It is as pale as the moon overhead, as pale as her white coat. 

One hoof lands in the water, and she reminds herself of her lessons. The next hood lands on the water, and then the next and the next, until she is racing across the surface of the ocean. She leaps up the sides of waves and rides them to the shore, and it is not long before she loses track of her location. It is easy to do, but it doesn't concern her, at least not until she sees a stranger on the shore.

"Hey!" she calls out, unafraid despite the late hour and his unfamiliarity. For a girl who has been raised by a wary mother Kypria is surprisingly bold. Perhaps it is the result of being raised in an island paradise, where the biggest danger was the possibility that she might run out of coconuts to kick into the sea.

"Whatcha doin' over there?"

@[Brennen]
    i basically picture her coloring like this but less even and sapphire blue instead of grullo

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Kypria - 08-24-2018, 11:31 PM