• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any
    He's a broken man, and they barely notice.

He's not sure if he's thinking about himself or Brennen here; sufficient to say the description befits them both. One is on the beach, walking in silence for a time, the other nears from the water, swimming, no, almost drifting to get back home. He had not bothered to wait for the tide to turn - in fact his whole trip from the mountain to the tropical islands was a blur. His head was still ringing - apparently brains take longer to heal than bones and muscles.

Not as long as the heart, but still. Pretty long.

Whatever's left of his anger has been left in the Afterlife. The fairy had made her point very clear. She was right, of course, but he had refused to see it that way, because if he'd let the emotions in, he'd thought he would crack, implode, and die. Well, he'd still done all of that, about two days ago (or was it? Had he taken longer to heal than he realized?) and it felt strangely good to just give in.

He arrives silently, shimmering where he had disrupted the phytoplankton, now sticking to his lower legs. The night is eerie for a moment. But before he actually recognizes the winged man on the beach (after all, he hasn't seen him for so long), the splashing of a young girl arriving demands the attention from the winged man on the beach as well as Leilan's.

He thinks about slipping past, but, he also remembers that Brennen had lost daughters, that he'd secluded himself, and that Viserion was just one example of a brother slacking about - and he hesitates, watching the interaction between man and girl in the night.

@[Brennen] @[Kypria]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Leilan - 08-25-2018, 07:34 AM