• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any
    The bay stallion is lost in his thoughts, but not so lost that the approach of something across the water doesn’t draw his attention. Too long he has been balanced on the edge of the cliff, fine-tuned to a warrior’s readiness for action at any time. But, nothing about the approaching whirlwind says threat to him, and so he is ignoring it…until it shouts at him, and then he blinks in surprise and shakes the lingering glow of phosphorescent algae from his vision. Turning his head towards her, Brennen is somehow totally unsurprised to find a filly not much older than his own youngest dashing towards him across the top of the waves. They have, after all, a large number of aquatically-inclined denizens in Ischia, and water-walking won’t be the weirdest thing he’s seen. The fins are more striking, and he hazards a wild guess that his nighttime visitor belongs to Kylin, who also has such appendages.

“I’m thinking,” he answers her honestly, though the presence of another catches his attention as the words leave his lips. Briefly, he lifts his amber gaze from the little water sprite with the white coat that glows in the light of the moon and the patch of blue on her head and glances at Leilan, emerging down the shore from the waves with glimmering sealife clinging to his coat like stars. The boy hesitates – hm, but perhaps less a boy. Brennen doesn’t pry, it’s not his way (and even if it was, he’d be afraid of misusing the magic and causing some sort of brain damage), but even on the surface his Brother feels older, and something is not quite right. Brennen doesn’t call him out right away, giving him a chance to approach on his own terms.

“I like the sea at night, especially in Ischia. Don’t you?” the King asks the girl, giving her a little smile. Her youth eases his soul; he likes to see the shores of his Kingdom filled with laughter and light of their children. “I’m Brennen.” A heartbeat, a glance back to where Leilan still lingers, uncommitted. “That’s Leilan, over there. He seems to have brought some of the ocean home with him, since he can’t walk on top of the water like you.” A huff of breath that isn’t quite a laugh, and he winks at her, hoping that calling the young stallion out will draw him over to them. It doesn’t seem like a time for him to alone. “What’s your name, little fish?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Brennen - 08-25-2018, 10:07 PM