• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hold me in this wild, wild world; any
    She denies being a fish, laughing at him, and he nods very seriously as if she has imparted great knowledge upon him. It’s funny, what the young take quite literally, especially when they are this little. Brennen draws her attention to Leilan and his lips quirk up into a half smile when she shouts across the distance, her youthful exuberance completely destroying any sense of reserve or decorum she might have been maintaining in the quiet of the night. Her shout lures Leilan closer, and Brennen flicks an ear in his direction and watches out of the corner of his eye as the two interact. The roan stallion asks her about her parents, and Brennen does idly wonder about her father, the probably source of the blue patch on the top of her head.

Kypria came across the water, so the bay King is guessing that she left her parents far behind, but if they’re anywhere close by they are sure to have been summoned by her rambunctious voice. Leilan’s voice starts to lighten as he responds to the girl’s next question, and that is a wonder of the young also. They can lift the spirits of all but the most hardened hearts – he’s still curious about what had brought the other stallion home in such a state, but he’s not sure it’s a conversation for such little ears. “I can swim,” he answers, but then half-lifts his inky black wings from where they lay across his shoulders. “But usually I fly.” Wings, after all, don’t make for great swimming. They’re in the way, and they’re heavy. “You do look almost big enough to swim, though. Close to the shore, at least.”

The ocean can be as dangerous as it is beautiful. She’s safer on top of the waves, but he is glad that her mother and mysterious father plan to teach her how to swim as well; you can never be too careful. Ischia’s children, after all, have been targeted. That thought makes him frown, shift uncomfortably; and that is when Leilan addresses a question directly to the bay stallion. Shaking his head, Brennen looks out to the ocean and then draws his gaze across the girl – his features softening automatically – before he lifts his amber eyes to meet the other stallion’s. “It was easier to gain control, when I stayed secluded,” he murmurs in response, and lets a trickle of the river under his skin escape – the water stretches out, tinged at the edges with phytoplankton, and winds around Leilan’s legs and Kypria’s fins. It dances around her legs as well, teasing, floating. “I’m in control now.”

Mostly.

@[Kypria] @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; any - by Brennen - 08-27-2018, 08:55 PM